Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Also New Here

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kristine

Kristine
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 02:18 AM

Thank you for this board - I hope it will help me deal with some things I am having some difficulty with. I hope to learn from others that I am not alone - and that others are feeling the same things I am feeling - that I am not weird or crazy - and that I will ultimately be ok??
Thanks everyone
Kristine

#2 -Nene-

-Nene-

Intrepid Innocence

• 1,111 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 02:35 AM

Hi Kristine.
This is a lovely board and I assure you you won't be alone while posting here in this family.
I'm sorry for whatever reason brought you hear but I really am glad to meet you. I hope you find this place as helpful and supportive as I do..hug.gif

~Janene

#3 Kristine

Kristine
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 02:53 AM

Thank you Nene its wonderful to meet you too. Perhaps a place like this is what Ive been missing and needing. I feel as though Ive had very few people to truly turn to my abuse is known by just a very small number of people who I dont think can ever completely understand. This could be a very liberating and very freeing place for me. I need to try and sleep now or I will be a wreck at work Ive had a terrible day after a very bothersome sermon at church this morning sent me home early in tears Ive written an email to the minister and hopefully that will ease my mind also Ill write more in another post my story or vent??
Thanks once again I truly do appreciate it.
Kristine

#4 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 04:19 AM

(kristine) hug.gif
welcome to AS hug.gif
everyone here is really supportive and i'm sure you'll find what you need here!

emmax

#5 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 10:08 AM

Welcome, Kristine!

Although it would be a better world if we didn't need to be here for the reasons we are here, I'm glad you found us. I hope you find the caring and support you need here. There be some positively awesome folks here.

hug.gif

Ardatha

#6 Guest_queenie_*

Guest_queenie_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2004 - 10:48 AM

throb.gif hug.gif Welcome to After Silence! hug.gif throb.gif

throb.gif Jen

#7 Kristine

Kristine
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:10 PM

Thank you so much to everyone!!

Kristine

smile.gif

#8 mariposa

mariposa

<Reclaiming my wings>

• 1,970 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:15 PM

Welcome!
hug.gif
Daniela.

#9 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 01:48 AM

Welcome to After Silence!

kitty.gif Tracy

#10 Kristine

Kristine
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 11:46 PM

Once again thanks so much everyone. Although I haven't posted very much - I have been reading through some things - and believe it or not - even just doing that has been a tremendous help and comfort to me.
I''m so glad to have found this board!

Kristine

#11 Guest_Sharon24_*

Guest_Sharon24_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2004 - 05:40 AM

throb.gif throb.gif hug.gif throb.gif throb.gif
Hi and a big welcome to the group

Shaz

#12 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 06:58 AM

Welcome to a wonderful place, I hope that it helps on you on your healing journey hug.gif greet.gif

#13 your.beautiful.mistake

your.beautiful.mistake

beautiful.dreamer

• 1,229 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:37 PM

((Kristine))

Welcome to AS. Best of luck on your healing journey. Take your time to get to know the people around here. I'm sorry that you've had to endure so much hardship, but I'm glad you've found us.

<3
Alex

#14 Alysure

Alysure

Specialized Catastrophe

• 950 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 03:16 AM

Hiii! Welcome! I hope you find support here. I'm sure you will, anytime you need anything just let us know smile.gif

<3 throb.gif hug.gif

PS- YOU ARE NOT WEIRD OR CRAZY!! You are completely normal. Don't worry, places like this helped me feel more normal as well.

Edited by Alysure, 27 July 2004 - 03:17 AM.