Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 moonfrog

moonfrog

Wistfully Searching

• 143 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:44 PM

unsure.gif
Hello. I just joined recently. I have been looking around for some time trying to find a site that seemed helpful because I think I could really use the support, and this is the only one I've found that feels like it might be comfortable and safe. I figured I'd introduce myself because I didn't want to just sit on the sidelines and read, I wanted include myself in the community, but I'm still really anxious about coming forward. I'm a survivor from very early childhood and though I've made great strides in healing, I still struggle a lot and deal with many repercusions, and am extremely guarded about sharng it and who with. But Im hoping this will be a place I can work on some of those struggles.
Sorry I'm really bad at introductions, especially in this situation. Thanks for reading.

-C

#2 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:50 PM

(moonfrog)
Welcome to AS hug.gif
you are very brave for taking this first step!
this place is wonderful, it's full of amazing people who will try to help you on your journey! wub.gif
it's good that you want to involve yourself, feel free to post when you are ready- there's no rush just post in your own time! hug.gif
i hope you find what you are searching for wub.gif

emmax hug.gif

Edited by betty, 15 July 2004 - 02:51 PM.

#3 BalueMana

BalueMana

Out of the Mist

• 786 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:46 PM

hug.gif hug.gif Consider Yourself Part Of the Family hug.gif hug.gif

Sorry the past brings you here - but really glad you found us.

It really is a wonderful place to hang out as you journey through the myst.

I look forward to getting to know you,

Blessed Be,
Balue

#4 Guest_queenie_*

Guest_queenie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:48 PM

hug.gif Welcome hug.gif

throb.gif
Jen

#5 Jaida

Jaida

unapologetically alive

• 103 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:09 PM

Welcome, Moonfrog

hug.gif hug.gif

I haven't been here long myself, but this is really a wonderful place filled with loving, supportive people. So glad you found it.

~Jaida

#6 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:14 PM

Hi Moonfrog!

Love your nick! Welcome to AS. I know how hard it is to introduce yourself to a new community, especially one for the problems we face, so you're showing an incredible amount of bravery in doing so. I truly hope you find the comfort and support you're looking for here. It goes without saying that I'm sorry for your need to be here but am glad you found a site that appears to be as welcoming as you need. This is one of the best I've seen and the people here are very caring and supportive.

hug.gif

Ardatha

#7 Sookie

Sookie

caRISSa

• 699 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:01 PM

Welcome,i hope u find wot u need here!!!!

hug.gif & wub.gif
Sookie xoxox

#8 mariposa

mariposa

<Reclaiming my wings>

• 1,970 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 03:31 PM

Welcome, moonfrog!
i'm sorry about your pain, i hope i can be of some help.
hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif
Daniela.

#9 Guest_Neesie_*

Guest_Neesie_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:58 PM

Hello

I am new here as well, but I have found this is a wonderful place with sincere people. Take good care and go at a speed that feels safe and comfortable for you.

Peace

Neesie

throb.gif

#10 moonfrog

moonfrog

Wistfully Searching

• 143 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 03:20 AM

I just wanted to thank everyone for welcoming me, it really helped allay some of my fears. It really helps to have people to talk to who not only understand but are also so warm and caring! hug.gif
-C

#11 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 01:53 AM

Welcome to After Silence!

kitty.gif Tracy

#12 -Nene-

-Nene-

Intrepid Innocence

• 1,111 posts