Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Newbie!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_PaigE_*

Guest_PaigE_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2004 - 10:05 PM

Hi everybody I'm new here. My name is Paige. I've actually spent alot of time on this website just reading everyones stories and such and wasn't sure if I should register or introduce myself, which I myself am not a survivor of sexual abuse but my mother is. So really I just wanted to learn more about this to understand more things about my mother.

Since she was abused, she actually became an abuser her self. Not sexually about physically, mentally, emotionally and verbally. She abused me and both of my sisters when we were younger. So by doing reserach I'm now aware of the reasons why she did the things she did to us. Because she herself was abused. I'm really proud of my mother because she finally got help and is fixing herself and coming to terms with what happened to her as a child, and I have forgiven her for what she has done. I kind of look at it as she did the things she did because she was so angry and had so much hate inside her she just took it out on the wrong people.

All of you on this site are so brave and such loving people, I just had to introduce myself to ya'll and I hope I get to know all of you more. I'm here to get a better understanding and hopefully make some new friends, and listen to what all of you have to say.

So hello and I hope I get to know all of you soon! bighug.gif

#2 Sookie

Sookie

caRISSa

• 699 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:45 PM

I paige i hope u find more understandin as u read,mayb u can encourage ur mom 2 come here?!?!?(or let her know there r these places as there r heaps of em.....)
Hope u find this place helps u 2 help ur mom more.....

hug.gif & wub.gif
Sookie xoxox

#3 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:59 PM

Welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry for what you and your mother have been through. I hope we are able to help you out and I hope you find what you are looking for here.

Take precious care,

kitty.gif Tracy

#4 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:44 AM

welcome hug.gif

#5 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:13 AM

Welcome, to help your Mum in this way is a great act on your part and I hope that you can find help and support for you both here hug.gif

#6 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:46 PM

Paige,

Welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry for the reasons that brought you here, but I am glad you have found us. Hope you find amazing support and encouragement here as I have.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

#7 mariposa

mariposa

<Reclaiming my wings>

• 1,970 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:38 PM

Welcome PaigE! hug.gif
wow, your mom is very lucky to have you! I hope reading our stories help you.
hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif ,
Daniela.

#8 your.beautiful.mistake

your.beautiful.mistake

beautiful.dreamer

• 1,229 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 11:30 PM

((Paige))

Welcome to AS. Hope you find what you need here.

<3
Alex

#9 -Nene-

-Nene-

Intrepid Innocence

• 1,111 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 03:39 AM

Hi Paige,
Welcome to the board sweetie

~Janene

#10 Haullie

Haullie

Resurrecting my soul...

• 4,753 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 03:08 PM

Welcome to the forum! smile.gif

#11 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 03:28 PM

Welcome to the group Paige! You are doing a wonderful thing for both you and your mom hug.gif