Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Im New =)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:21 PM

(((((Hugs)))))

Hello all. smile.gif

Ill say quickly, i totally hate introducing myself whether it is online or face to face, it has and does give me the heebie jeebies. blush.gif

So with saying that,

My names Donna, i chose the name Donnie because thats my nickname, you can call me Donna or Donnie whichever you would like. Im 27 years old, from NY, i was raped December 9th 1998 as well as on November 21st 2001. I have had a few unsure of incidents before and during those times, but my memory is pretty cloudy when it comes to them, but the two above are glued to my memory.

So yeah im a survivor, but hey im also an Aunt to 5 of the most gorgeous and awesome babies ranging from the ages of 6mths old to 6 yrs old. They are my pride and joy, so definetly brace yourself on how much you will hear me talk about them. What i have always kept with me and what has always kept me going are their total and complete innocence to everything that they see and touch. To see them in action makes life even more worth living than it already is.

I have 4 older siblings, yes i am the youngest. tongue.gif

I work in retail at a customer service desk, it has its moments as i always try to say. But its a very hard and stressful job, they always say "dont take your work home with you," as much as i try it never fails.

I dont know what else to say? (See Lindy i DID it! clapping.gif )

So i guess ill just end my intro post right here. You all seem very lovely, im in hopes to be able to get to know you all.

Please be safe and take care,

(((((((Many Hugs To You All))))))))))

Donna =)

#2 -Nene-

-Nene-

Intrepid Innocence

• 1,111 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 08:57 PM

Hi Donna
Welcome to AS, I'm glad you've found us here
I'm also sorry to hear that you had to endure that terrible ordeal on more than one occasion...-hugs-
We are an alright bunch here w00t.gif who tend to not only lean on eachother a little, but always watch out for everyone else. And there's never a shortage of advice if you need it
Take care and looking forward to getting to know you more

~Janene

#3 Sookie

Sookie

caRISSa

• 699 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:35 PM

hey welcome, i hope u find wot u need here!!!!

hug.gif & wub.gif
Sookie xoxox

#4 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:03 AM

Welcome to After Silence Donnie!!! I think that was a great intro!
I'm sorry for the pain you have gone through. I'm so glad you are here and I hope you find the love and support you are looking for. I look forward to getting to know you.

Take precious care of yourself.

kitty.gif Tracy

#5 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:46 AM

(donnie) hug.gif
welcome to AS, i know you will find much suppport and understanding here and i hope this helps you on your journey of healing

emmax

#6 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:08 AM

The reason we come here is not nice but the people we meet are the very best! hug.gif I hope that this place will help in some small way to your healing journey hug.gif

#7 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:44 PM

(((Donnie)))

Glad to see you've made it here. This is a wonderful and supportive place and I hope you grow to love it as much as I do.

Hope you find the support and encouragement you deserve here.

Love,

Lindy

#8 mariposa

mariposa

<Reclaiming my wings>

• 1,970 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:41 PM

Hi Donnie,
welcome! i'm so sorry about what happened to you. I hope i can be of help,
Love,
Daniela.

#9 Guest_anonny_*

Guest_anonny_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:21 PM

A warm welcome,Donnie.

Sorry that has happened to you and more than once.

Looks like you found something happy to focus on to heal yourself, to be a loving auntie. smile.gif

Hope you find lots of help here.

Huggles,
Carole

#10 your.beautiful.mistake

your.beautiful.mistake

beautiful.dreamer

• 1,229 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 11:35 PM

((Donna))

Welcome to AS. Hope you find what you need here. I'm so sorry you've experienced so much pain. I hope we can maybe help you through your journey. You seem like a gentle and loving spirit.

<3
Alex

#11 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 03:43 PM

(((Donnie))) Welcome to A.S.! I am sorry for all the pain that has brought you to us. I hope you will find healing here as I have. This is a wonderful community full of supportive, caring ppl. I am a nana of a 2 and a half yr old Gson who keeps me going hug.gif

#12 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:38 PM

((((((Hugs))))))))

Thankyou all for such a warm welcome, i appreciate it very much. smile.gif

(((((Many Hugs To You All)))))))

Donna =)

#13 Guest_SiempreSelena_*

Guest_SiempreSelena_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:41 PM

hug.gif welcome to the board Donnie.
I'm sorry to hear about what happed to ya.
Everyone here is so nice and sweet.
Awww how sweet I bet your a very loving aunt. smile.gif
many hugs hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

#14 Wendy

Wendy

Moondancer

• 278 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:32 PM

Hi Donna
Welcome to after silence. Just wanted to tell you you have an amazing inner strength that shines through what you write.

Wendy

#15 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:39 PM

Thankyou. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif hug.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Donna =)