Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New And Not So Sure About This

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jaida

Jaida

unapologetically alive

• 103 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:54 AM

Hello to everyone. This is my third attempt at posting something here. This time I am going to force myself to go through with it. I just know that I need someone around who understands. I'm hoping to find that here.

#2 mariposa

mariposa

<Reclaiming my wings>

• 1,970 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:32 PM

Hi Jaida,
welcome! and congratulations on being so brave thumbsup.gif just want you to remember that all of us here are going through the same things you are going through, and are willing to be there for each other. Please don't feel pressured to post, i understand how hard it can be. Take your time, read other's posts and you'll know when you are ready to do what you need to do.
hug.gif

#3 Guest_SiempreSelena_*

Guest_SiempreSelena_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:49 PM

hey Jaida hug.gif
thumbsup.gif thats good that your being brave
but don't feel like you have to...wait til you feel that your ready to tell.
we will all be here for ya

#4 Sookie

Sookie

caRISSa

• 699 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:50 PM

Welcome,i hope u find wot u need here-we r a warm lovin "family"......
Lookin forward 2 gettin 2 know.....
Take Care & Keep Safe!!!!

hug.gif & wub.gif
Sookie xoxox

#5 dereliktdauter

dereliktdauter

warrior

• 112 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:30 PM

welcome!

congrats on making your first post, and please take your time. you're worth it!

hug.gif safe hugs

take care,
erin

#6 Jaida

Jaida

unapologetically alive

• 103 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:10 PM

Thanks to all of you for the warm, welcoming words. smile.gif

#7 Alysure

Alysure

Specialized Catastrophe

• 950 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:50 PM

You'll definitely find support here. Whenever you are ready to talk, let us know smile.gif

Welcome! throb.gif

#8 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 01:53 AM

Hi Jaida!

Welcome to After Silence. That's a beautiful name, by the way. Take your time, hun. No pressure here at all. When you're ready to share, we'll be here for you to offer our love and support. Until then, read the messages others have written. I'm sure they'll put you at ease right away because you are not alone and that feels really good. smile.gif

hug.gif

Ardatha

#9 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:06 AM

welcome Jaida hug.gif

take your time, don't rush yourself in to posting something you're not ready to share. you are very brave for taking this first step.
please feel free to pm or email me if you need to talk.

emmax

#10 cervantes

cervantes

ATLAS

• 503 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:30 AM

Hey Jaida! : -) Welcome! Thanks for joining the team thumbsup.gif I started posting w a few light humored posts til I found that the water was not only fine but warm and welcoming... so I dove right in! lol.. we're just people just like you... Hope to hear from you soon! : -)

#11 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:26 AM

A better group of people you will not find, good luck with your healing journey and I hope being here helps hug.gif

#12 SLG

SLG

Lonely, not alone..

• 429 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 07:48 AM

Welcome Jaida,

I hope you will find what you are searching for here. I think you came to the right place. Good that you posted. Don't force yourself to much, take your time. We'll be there. We know it's hard to post something. Specially for the first time here.. It's great that you did..

hug.gif
Love,
SLG

#13 Guest_queenie_*

Guest_queenie_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:36 PM

Jaida

hug.gif Welcome hug.gif

throb.gif
Jen

#14 your.beautiful.mistake

your.beautiful.mistake

beautiful.dreamer

• 1,229 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 11:29 AM

((Jadida))

I'm glad that your finally posting. It takes a lot of courage.

((safe hugs))

Take your time to look around and take gentle loving care.

<3
Alex

#15 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 08:29 PM

(((Jaida))) Welcome to the group. This is an amazing place to be while on your healing journey. Take all the time you need and post when you are ready hug.gif