Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Hey I'm New Here

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SiempreSelena_*

Guest_SiempreSelena_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:25 PM

Hello everyone. My name is Jessica or Jess. I love tm and tmr and the 2 actors that play in them (Brendan and Rachel) also love Jhonny Depp. I'm also a Huge fan of Selena.

But anyways I've been sexually abused since I was 5 til I was 18, now I'm almost 19. But anyways like I was saying now he is in jail...thank goodness. But I always have that fear that he'll try to get out or will be in jail only for a few years ( but I hope he is in there forever) and plus I have been abused a few times in school.
Now when I'm around any guy it takes awhile to trust them...and when I go around guys, the fear comes back.

I'll go in more dep later...if you all want to hear it.

Edited by SiempreSelena, 28 June 2004 - 07:26 PM.

#2 cervantes

cervantes

ATLAS

• 503 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:38 PM

Hi Jess : -) welcome to AS, You'll find some of the most understanding, caring and supportive people here you could ever meet! Sorry you have a reason to be here.. but always glad to hear about another perp going to jail.

Also the anxiety/trust thing.. I think most if not all of us here suffer from that to some degree, understandably it sounds quite normal to the circumstance.

Tim

Edited by cervantes, 28 June 2004 - 09:42 PM.

#3 -Nene-

-Nene-

Intrepid Innocence

• 1,111 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:12 PM

Hi Jess. Welcome to AS
Sorry for whats happened to you. I'm glad to hear his in jail now. It's ok to feel the anxiety you feel. It will ease a little with your healing.
Hope you find some support here. We're all pretty easy going people

~Janene

#4 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:55 AM

hug.gif hi jess
welcome to AS!
i'm sorry to hear about your pain but i'm glad your perp is behind bars- i only wish they'd keep them their for ever!
anyway i hope you find what you are looking for here, i'm sure you will because everyone is really supportive!

emmax

#5 LUCY

LUCY
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:11 AM

Hi there,

I'm new here too! I have found the support here to be great, it is really helpful.

welcome.

lucy hug.gif

#6 mariposa

mariposa

<Reclaiming my wings>

• 1,970 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:37 PM

Welcome!
you'll never regret having come here! this place is full of understanding and caring people,
hug.gif

#7 Guest_SiempreSelena_*

Guest_SiempreSelena_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:44 PM

hug.gif thanks everyone for all the warm welcomes
making me feel better all ready smile.gif

#8 Sookie

Sookie

caRISSa

• 699 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:48 PM

Welcome,i hope u find wot u need here-this is a warm lovin friendly place/"family"..!!
Lookin forward 2 gettin 2 know u..!!
Take Care & Keep Safe!!!!!

hug.gif & wub.gif
Sookie xoxox

#9 dereliktdauter

dereliktdauter

warrior

• 112 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:33 PM

welcome!

sorry to hear about your reason to be here, but glad that you found this place. i also struggle with anxiety and what not around men, and i think that its pretty normal for us. again, welcome!

hug.gif safe hugs

take care,
erin

#10 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:29 AM

A better group of people you will not find than on here, I hope they can help in some small way towards your healing, good luck on your journey hug.gif

#11 your.beautiful.mistake

your.beautiful.mistake

beautiful.dreamer

• 1,229 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 11:26 AM

((Jess))

I'm so sorry to hear you've been through so much pain, but I'm glad the as*hole is behind bars.

Take your time to look around and make yourself at home.

<3
Alex

#12 Guest_anonny_*

Guest_anonny_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2004 - 03:54 PM

Hi Jess!

So glad you joined here.. will be a wonderful healing place for you as has for many here.

Jess is a good friend of mine from a The Mummy/Returns board and i know what she's been thru, so, i gave her a little encouragement this will be a good place for her too as it has been for me. smile.gif

Love and Hugs ya,Sweets!

Warm welcome to all newbies here too..you found a great place!

Huggles,
Carole

#13 Guest_SiempreSelena_*

Guest_SiempreSelena_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2004 - 04:36 PM

Alex,
I am so glad that he is too...and I hope so much that he doesn't get out and/ or doesn't find away to run away hmm.gif it worries me.
wave.gif now I can start living a new and normal life.

Carole,
hug.gif thankies for the welcome and telling me about this board.
I don't think I could of made it this far without you, and talking to you
made me feel more freely thanx.gif for being there for me smile.gif.
throb.gif love ya, xoxoxo

huggies,
Jess
(little Selena )

#14 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 08:52 PM

(((Jess))) Welcome to the group. I am sorry for the pain that has brought you here. I am glad the monster is behind bars! I wish i had enough courage in my past to have done the same. Hope you begin to find peace and healing here as I have hug.gif

#15 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:47 PM

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry for everything that you have been through and I'm glad you found us. I'm glad to hear that your abuser is behind bars. I hope you find what you are looking for here.

kitty.gif Tracy