Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How To Send To More That 1 Person In Pm

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 whitedove

whitedove
  • Contributing Member
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:27 PM

Is there any way that you can send the same message to more than one person as the "Recipients Name"in a private message in your control panel? I cannot see how to do it.

Thanks

#2 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,371 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:54 PM

You can only write one name as the "Recipients Name," but you can send the same pm to 7 members by adding 6 names below the Recipients Name field, where it says:

"Carbon copy to other members. You may enter up to 6 names in the carbon copy box." smile.gif

#3 kflakers

kflakers
  • 997 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 04:54 PM

where is the "Carbon copy box" thingie, i looked everywhere and don't see it.

#4 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,371 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 09:15 PM

This is my screen:

The carbon copy option should be right below the "Recipients Name."

If you don't have the option, it is possible that the settings only allow admins and mods to send multiple PMs. If so, I'll try to see if there is a way to extend the same option to members smile.gif

#5 kflakers

kflakers
  • 997 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 09:31 PM

thanks! and nope i dont' have that...can i get it for Christmas present? ahhaa

#6 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE(kflakers @ Nov 26 2006, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks! and nope i dont' have that...can i get it for Christmas present? ahhaa

Maybe tongue.gif

#7 dodo

dodo

before the end

• Contributing Member
  • 17,378 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 03:16 PM

I don't have this 'carbon copy' as a chat mod. An alternative is to write the pm to one person on your list and send it - then click on the back arrow to get back to your originally pm and then just change the recipitants name by deleting the one already there - at least you only have to change the name and not have to retype the whole thing.

Have no idea if that makes sense - have a migraine!

karen

#8 whitedove

whitedove
  • Contributing Member
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:09 AM

I don't get the carbon copy box either. Thanks for the idea Dodo.

Whitedove