Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Just Like To Say Hello

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Sharon24_*

Guest_Sharon24_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2004 - 03:08 PM

Hi,
My name is sharon I`m 24 and i`m from Belfast................I joined this group today and already I am starting to realise that I`m not alone can I just say a huge thankyou to Ellanesse hug.gif
your reply to my story really ment alot to me and I am hoping that by me telling my story it`s a start in the right direction.

Sharon unsure.gif

#2 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 04:56 PM

Hello and welcome, Sharon. I think it probably is a start in the right direction because when you can let it out and talk about it, it loses some of its power over you. I hope you understood that. ;)

Stay safe,

Ardatha

#3 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 06:29 PM

hug.gif Hello, I am only a few days into joining myself, but I believe this place has sooooooooooo much to offer people... Please feel safe here and I hope that we ,as a group of people can make a difference throb.gif hug.gif

#4 Ellaneese

Ellaneese

Finding Hope

• 292 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 08:42 PM

Sharon hug.gif

blush.gif So glad I could help.

You have made a huge step in your path to healing.

Anytime you need to talk, PM me.

Good luck!!

throb.gif Ellaneese

#5 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 09:29 PM

Hi Sharon! Welcome to After Silence hug.gif I'm so glad you found us! I know you will love it here... everyone is so supportive and loving. This is such a wonderful, safe place to heal. If there is anything I can do for you please feel free to PM me any time! Looking forward to getting to know you. smile.gif

Take precious care of yourself :inn:

throb.gif Tracy

#6 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 12:40 PM

Welcome to After Silence, Sharon. I hope you find support and encouragement here as I have.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

#7 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 01:41 PM

(((Sharon))) Welcome to the group. I am sorry for the reasons that caused you to search us out but glad you were able to find us. This is a great supportive place to be while on your healing journey. Know that you are not alone. hug.gif

#8 your.beautiful.mistake

your.beautiful.mistake

beautiful.dreamer

• 1,229 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 10:25 PM

((Sharon))

Welcome to the group. I'm sorry you've experienced so much pain, but I'm glad you've found us. Take your time to look around. Do your best to stay safe - we're all here for you.

((safe hugs))

<3
Alex

#9 Alysure

Alysure

Specialized Catastrophe

• 950 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 11:37 PM

Gosh hello! You're quite farrr away from me. I'm about a 1/4 Irish though :D hehe. <3 Us Canadians are mutts tho, I can trace back about 4 or 5 different nationalities :D I love my Irish blood tho! :D heh.

Welcome to after silence. This place is AMAZING and everyone understand and is so supportive. Even just reading the inspiring words is very beneficial I find :)

So yes! Welcome hehe.

#10 Clarissa

Clarissa

Little Dancing Butterfly

• 1,122 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 12:57 AM

just wanted to say hi and welcome to the group.
love clarissa

#11 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 06:05 AM

hi sharon, welcome to After Silence hug.gif

i hope you find what you ar elooking for

emmax

#12 ceekay

ceekay

Fallen Angel

• 1,484 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 08:43 AM

((((((((((((((((Sharon))))))))))), welcome here. You'll find that here's a lot of support, love and care. Hope this is a new beginning towards healing for you

Take care
Ceekay
hug.gif