Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Going Crazy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SilentAllTheseYears_*

Guest_SilentAllTheseYears_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2003 - 11:55 PM

Hello,

I have never been here before. I am not too sure if I should be. I feel like I'm going crazy. I am afraid to go to bed. I know I will have more flashbacks and I really can't handle that. I feel so alone. I don't know how to get through this. I'm so tired of feeling sad and scared and guilty and dirty and alone. I wanna be someone else. It's been like 10 months since that night and it still hurts. I need to know when this will end. I can't do this anymore. Please help
Thank you
Take care:(

#2 Catherine

Catherine

Clarity Seeker

• 731 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 05:46 AM

(((((((( Silentalltheseyears))))))))

Welcome to our little group. I am so sorry, that you are struggling, I also suffer with lack of sleep, and being scared to shut my eyes, due to the flashbacks etc.
I try and live, hoping that one day, it will get better, and I have to really work hard, to just Hope, that one day, things will get better.
In the creative section, there is a poem, DON'T QUIT, that has been a life line for me, when things have been really bad, I read it over and over again.
That I am worth this fight, and I WILL, get better, one day.
I hope this helps you,

Take Care
Love Catherine

#3 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,339 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 02:17 PM

((( SilentAllTheseYears )))

I'm sorry you have a reason to be here....but I hope you'll feel comfortable enough to stay. We will be here for you!

I wish I knew what to tell you but as I've said many times already...there are no answers.

Healing is a long journey. Please give yourself time, 10 months is not a long time ago.....I felt shocked and paralized for over a year after my rape. Everybody is different and we all heal in a different way but I feel truly bonded with all of you as we all went through such a traumatic experience and we survived.

Let's walk this road together....!!!

(((((( Hugs ))))))
Verena

P.S. "Silent All These Years" is one of my all time favorite songs....it speaks right to my heart!!

#4 Guest_Chicker_*

Guest_Chicker_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2003 - 08:04 PM

It can be so hard to go to sleep when you know what you'll dream about.

When I'm that situation, I try to think of all the funniest movies I've ever seen...I don't know if that would work for you, but you could try it.

(safe hugs)

-Heather