Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I'm New Here..

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Alysure

Alysure

Specialized Catastrophe

• 950 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:39 AM

Welcome SLG.

Don't worry. I feel the exact same way you do all the time. I've posted so many posts here already and some days I just want to delete them all. Then I don't and I feel sort of empowered by it. Hang around, offer your own tips and listen to everyone elses if that is easier.

With time, even just being here, reading and identifying with people (although very hard most of the time) helps a lot.

:)

And of course whenever you are ready hon. There are many people here to offer support and an ear if you need ok? <3<3<3

#17 SLG

SLG

Lonely, not alone..

• 429 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 06:22 AM

Thank you,

It's good to be here :thanks:

#18 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:02 AM

Welcome, SLG!

Hon, my heart went out to you with your first post. I cannot begin to count how many times I've started to post something then simply cancelled it out. smile.gif We all go through it but the wonderful thing is that here they/we understand. Thank you for coming back and introducing yourself. I'm pleased to meet you, although very sorry for the reasons that brought you here. I hope this place helps you as much as it has helped others and me. It's a very good place with many caring people who will listen at the drop of a hat. Hang in there, sweetie. It does get better... sometimes it seems that it gets better too slowly but, you know, even slow progress is progress nonetheless.

hug.gif

Ardatha