Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Introducing

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jolanda

Jolanda

The Silent Force

• 225 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 12:11 PM

Hi everybody,

My name is Jolanda, I'm 28 years old, from Amsterdam in The Netherlands.
I've been abused since I was a child, sexually, mentally, and finally I found the courage to cry out for help. Starting therapy in hopefully a few weeks. It is still very difficult for me to talk about what happened, and as it is my first time speaking out I'm a rape victim "on public" I like to leave it by introducing myself for the time being. It is, how sad it might be, nice for me to see I'm not alone in all the pain and anger. Take care of of you beautiful girls, 'till next time,

jolanda blush.gif

#2 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 04:52 PM

Hello Jolanda,

Good for you for finding your courage, dear one. Welcome here, also. I'm really sorry to hear that you need to be here but this is a good place to be. The people here are very supportive and understanding. Best wishes with your therapy. It can be one of the most valuable tools you'll ever find.

Stay safe,

Ardatha

#3 -Nene-

-Nene-

Intrepid Innocence

• 1,111 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 05:17 PM

Hi Jolanda
I'm glad you've found us here. I'm sorry to hear about your abuse.
I think its a great step (and a couragous one) to start therapy and I wish you
all the luck in the world with that hug.gif . I look forward to getting to know
you a little better in the future.

~Janene

#4 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 11:43 PM

Welcome to After Silence Jolanda! hug.gif

I hope you find what you are looking for here! I look forward to getting to know you.

Take precious care of yourself.

throb.gif Tracy

#5 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 06:46 AM

(Jolanda)
welcome hug.gif
everyone here is great and will support you on your journey.

emmax

#6 mariposa

mariposa

<Reclaiming my wings>

• 1,970 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 06:12 PM

Welcome!
i'm sorry for your pain, and i congratulate you on your bravery for coming here! Hope i can get to know you better. hug.gif

#7 Guest_queenie_*

Guest_queenie_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2004 - 09:57 AM

((Jolanda))
hug.gif

I am so sorry you have a reason for being here but I am glad you are here and have found us. What a brave and strong woman you are, speaking out about it even just to us here on the board is a Huge step. We are all here to support you as best we can!

Sending Lots of Love

throb.gif throb.gif throb.gif
Jennifer

#8 Jolanda

Jolanda

The Silent Force

• 225 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 04:22 PM

Thank you all for being so kind. It makes me feel less lonely and understood. Lately I'm finding it difficult to watch tv, speaking about violant movies and especially the ones with sex abuse in it. It can bring me in a flashback, and it made me turn of the whole tv. I hope this will get better in a while, as I do like watching my soap opera's, ... kitty.gif Love, Jolanda

#9 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:12 PM

hug.gif Jolanda hug.gif Glad we can be here for you. You are never alone.

throb.gif hug.gif Tracy

#10 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 08:43 AM

Hi........Hope you find the comfort that comes off in waves through the people here hug.gif hug.gif

#11 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 12:42 PM

Welcome to After Silence, Jolanda. I'm sorry for the reasons that brought you here, however, I am glad you have stumbled across this wonderfully supportive place.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

#12 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 01:33 PM

(((Jolanda))) Warm welcome to the group. I am sorry for the pain that has brought you here. You are courageous for entering therapy. I have found it to be very valuable in my healing. You are not alone, this is a wonderfully supportive community. Be gentle with yourself as you heal.

Edited by phoenyx, 12 June 2004 - 01:35 PM.

#13 your.beautiful.mistake

your.beautiful.mistake

beautiful.dreamer

• 1,229 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 10:24 PM

((Jolanda))

Welcome to the group. I'm sorry you've experienced so much pain, but I'm glad you've found us. Take your time to look around.

((safe hugs))

<3
Alex