Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Do The Abbrieviations Mean?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 AWhisperofTruth

AWhisperofTruth

Mirror in the sky, what is love?

• 2,840 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:46 PM

Ok, thanks, AmyLyn.

#32 E.D.

E.D.
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:43 PM

Many Thanks to Ardatha,

At the age of 43 and never having used this sort of site before, I was beginning to think I was out of my depth. Perhaps this could be repeated every so often for the newbies like myself. Correction the Old F**t Newbies. Or is that OFN's

E.D.

#33 pantherchild

pantherchild

love me or hate me, just let me be me

• 199 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:39 PM

well this is a cute and informative post, i really hope noone takes to seriously using all these confunded abreavations, because for one these are all mostly english abbrevations, and not everyone in chat speaks english as their first language which might make for confusion.. heck english is my first language, and i know seeing these pop up in chat would throw me a bit. not trying to be rude or mean to anyone that does know and like to use thesse things, just wanted to point out the possiblity for confusion, plus, if you have to explain it everytime you use it, is there really any point of useing the acryomyn.

panther