Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

New Here

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tim_*

Guest_Tim_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:34 PM

Hey everyone,

I am new here. Someone showed me the site that I met at a healing chatroom where I am one of the room operators. I've read the guidelines though not the instructions on how to use the emoticons, so am partly ready to post. It looks to be a warm and cosy place and the people seem comforting and soothing. I look forward to being able to share with people as we each try to walk into better tomorrows.
Thank you very much,
Tim

Edited by Tim, 22 April 2004 - 01:36 PM.

#2 Rebel Grrl

Rebel Grrl

Headbanger Grrlie

• 327 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 04:23 PM

Welcome, Tim! smile.gif

#3 cervantes

cervantes

ATLAS

• 503 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 04:54 PM

Sorry you have to be here Tim, I look forward to getting to know you laugh.gif

By the way, you have the most awesomest name ever created!!!!

Sincerely,
Tim

thumbsup.gif

#4 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 05:00 PM

Welcome to After Silence Tim! I'm sorry you have a reason to be here. You are not alone here. I look forward to getting to know you.

Take precious care of yourself.

Tracy

#5 Sookie

Sookie

caRISSa

• 699 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 06:50 PM

((hugs..)) laugh.gif
Im glad u made it,i hope u find healing here as much as u do the other place-the ppl here r very warm,friendly & understanding..
hope 2 c u soon,tc.. smile.gif
((huggles,smiles en friendship love..)) Sookie smile.gif xo

#6 BrownEyedSundancer

BrownEyedSundancer
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 08:05 PM

Hey Tim,

welcome to After Silence. i'm glad that you found this forum. i am new also and have found this place to be really helpful and supportive. i hope you find it that way too. looking forward to seeing you around the boards, again ....welcome.

Ray

#7 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:52 PM

Welcome to After Silence (((Tim))) I hope you find what it is you are searching for here smile.gif

#8 Guest_anonny_*

Guest_anonny_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2004 - 04:54 PM

You've found a great place for healing!

Huggles,Carole

#9 Guest_geezzzlouise_*

Guest_geezzzlouise_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:49 PM

hi Tim. welcome to the gang. it's pretty awsome here.

always,
Sylvia
"geezzzlouise"

#10 your.beautiful.mistake

your.beautiful.mistake

beautiful.dreamer

• 1,229 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:52 PM

((Tim))

Welcome to After Silence. I'm so sorry you have a reason to be there, but so glad you've found us.

Enjoy your stay, and feel ready to share what you've been through whenever you feel comfortable.

<3
Alex

#11 Guest_Tim_*

Guest_Tim_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:57 PM

Wow,

Thanks for such a warm welcome everyone! When coming and seeing such a great welcome it really helped my day and today really needed the help. Thanks so much Annaleigh, Tim, Tracy, Sookie, Ray, Phoenix, Sylvia, and Alex.
Another named Tim? Yeah, I guess it's an okay name. smile.gif I look forward to catching all of you around the forums. ((((((((sookie))))))) thanks mate. Catch ya here and in chat.
(((((((((safe hugs)))))))
Take good care all,
Tim

#12 -Nene-

-Nene-

Intrepid Innocence

• 1,111 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:58 AM

Hi Tim. I'm sorry that something has happened to bring you to this place, but at the same time I'm glad you've found us. Everyone here is really supportive and if you ever need a hug all you have to do is ask.

~Janene

#13 Wendy

Wendy

Moondancer

• 278 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 04:18 PM

Hi Tim

Just wanted to add my welcome. Hope that you find this place as wonderfully supportive as we all do.

Wendy

#14 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 02:32 PM

Hi Tim and welcome to After Silence. I hope you find support and encouragement here as I have.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

#15 Guest_Tim_*

Guest_Tim_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2004 - 02:41 PM

Thanks Janene, Wendy, and Lindy

I really appreciate the warm welcome. It's a cosy place here. Good group of people. Yeah, the support would be nice.
We all need to be with others during this stuff so much.
See ya around the forums,
Tim