Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Hi

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_geezzzlouise_*

Guest_geezzzlouise_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2004 - 07:11 PM

hi,
i am a victim. i am a survivor. i am a fighter.
i was raped almost 11 months ago. a year in may.
and i still wish a car would plow into me when i cross the street.
like, in my head i know i should be better...but everything else tells me i deserved it. With every breath i take, i still feel raped.

i need a circle. i need validation. i need...something. i thought i might be able to find it here.

thanks, sylvia

#2 Lilea

Lilea

Tender Heart

• 858 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 07:19 PM

bighug.gif Hi Sylvia. I am sorry for your pain.. and it is so fresh. I am glad that you "know better" than being hit by a car... and sadly many of us CAN empathize with that feeling. We will be your circle and your gentle place to fall. My hope and prayer is that your head knowledge that it wasn't your fault reaches your heart very soon... wub.gif

Edited by Lilea, 20 April 2004 - 07:20 PM.

#3 Guest_queenie_*

Guest_queenie_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2004 - 07:25 PM

hi syliva! I am sorry to hear about what happened to you. It was a TERRIBLE thing. I was raped almost two years ago and I can still related to how you feel. I know you will find the love and support and friendship here that you need right now.

queenie greet.gif

#4 -Nene-

-Nene-

Intrepid Innocence

• 1,111 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:08 PM

*hugs* Hi sylvia
I'm so sorry for what happened to you. But I am glad you have found this place, because everyone here will help you as best we can on your road to healing. I'm also a r*pe victim. I know the feelings of guilt and so forth that can consume you. You hold on. like you said, you're a survivor! and you're a fighter! You sound strong already honey.
~Janene

#5 Kelly

Kelly

Sesame Street Rocks!

• 7,069 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:57 AM

Hi Sylvia (by the way, I love your name) and welcome. It is good that you see yourself as more than just a victim, but as a survivor and a fighter. That fight in you will help you make it through.

I understand the feeling of wishing a car would plow into you. I have been there.
I have found this place to be a wonderful place to connect with others who understand exactly what I am experiencing. There is nothing like being with those who "get it" and can offer some insight on ways to get by.

Take good care.
~Kelly

#6 Guest_geezzzlouise_*

Guest_geezzzlouise_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2004 - 07:59 PM

thank you all for letting me join this circle. i have already fallen in love with it here, and everyone's comments have actually made me smile for a change. no fake smiles, but a real one. that doesn't happen very often anymore. So, thank you ladies for helping me smile. it is so wonderful to have people who "get it."

again thank you so much for your kindness and hugs.

always,
Sylvia
"geezzzlouise"

#7 Rebel Grrl

Rebel Grrl

Headbanger Grrlie

• 327 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:49 PM

Welcome Sylvia. *hugs* I believe we can be a big help to you in your healing. I'm also really glad to see that you feel at home. smile.gif

#8 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:52 AM

Welcome to After Silence Sylvia. I'm sorry for your pain. I am glad to see that you like it here...it is such a wonderful, safe, supportive place to be. You are not alone on this healing path...we are here for you.

Take precious care of yourself,
Tracy

#9 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:02 PM

(((SYlvia))) Welcome to the group. I am so sorry for the pain that has brought you here but glad that you found us. This is an incredible place to be for support and friendship. I hope you come to love it here as much as I do. You are a survivor and you will make it through this. There is strength in numbers. You do not journey alone. We walk with you. Be gentle with yourself as you heal.

#10 Belinda

Belinda
  • Banned
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:57 AM

hey..i can so identify with that feelign of just watning a car to hit u...

anyay..welcome to teh board...i dont think u "should be over it" people can take years to get over something like tis and what happened to u was horrible and it was NOT ur fault ....my rape was three yeras ago (in may) and im still nto over it..ur not alone ...

#11 Guest_anonny_*

Guest_anonny_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2004 - 04:39 PM

Glad you're finding the boards a wonderful healing place.

Huggles,Carole