Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

...that's Me...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 connyx

connyx

.-*noone inside*-.

• 81 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:35 PM

Hi!

my name is conny, I'm from austria (europe) and I'm 19 years old.
when I was a little child - my dad beated me very often.. my mum didnt noticed that (& she still doesnt know anything.. its "an old story")
in summer 2002 I was raped... I'm still not able to talk about it... I've many flashbacks... mostly in the evening.. when everything gets quiet around me...
It bother(s) me, if someone touches me.. especially if the one is behind me and touches me.. I always get a goose flesh..
I started hurting my self... I think the english-definition is "Self-Injury"...

mhm... what else.. ask if you want to know anything..

conny

#2 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,349 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:15 PM

Conny,

welcome to the group!

Please make yourself at home and take all the time you need, you don't have to talk about anything you are not confortable with.
It is damn difficult to keep going and to heal but others before us, have made it through this and so will we!

Hugs,
Verena

#3 Guest_queenie_*

Guest_queenie_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:16 PM

Hi Connyx

I just joined the board too. I am glad you have found this place because there is a lot of support here. I can relate to you with your father because mine did the same to me and to my other siblings..and abused my mom emotionally for a very long time. I am sorry for all you have to go through. I was also raped in 2002 by an ex boyfriend. I really hope that you can heal and feel safe here. Best Wishes.

queenie tongue.gif

#4 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:23 PM

conny!
welcome! smile.gif
i hope you find the support you're looking for- i'm sure you will cos everyone here is great wub.gif

bettyx

#5 tulip

tulip

Star Seeker

• 230 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:26 PM

Welcome conny, I'm sorry for what you went through, but I believe there is hope for healing. Take all the time you need and try to treat you gently, because you deserve it.

(((safe hugs)))

tulip

#6 -Nene-

-Nene-

Intrepid Innocence

• 1,111 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:14 PM

(((Conny))))
I'm sorry to what brought you here, but I'm glad you found us. Healing can be very hard sometimes but we're here to give you all the support we can. I look forward to getting to know you more

~Janene

#7 Guest_geezzzlouise_*

Guest_geezzzlouise_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:22 PM

thank you so much for your kind words to me eariler. maybe we can help each other out if/when we get a flashback? maybe not be so alone in this anymore...

-sylvia "geezzzlouise"

#8 Clarissa

Clarissa

Little Dancing Butterfly

• 1,122 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:28 PM

(((conny))) welcome to after silence. I'm sorry for all the pain you have suffered... i hope you find the support you so deserve here...i know i have. All the best.
love clarissa

#9 your.beautiful.mistake

your.beautiful.mistake

beautiful.dreamer

• 1,229 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:53 AM

((Conny))

Welcome to the boards sweetie. I'm sorry you've endured so much pain, but I'm glad that you've found us. smile.gif Although I was never raped, I can realte a lot to what you said. I hope to get to know you better!

<3
Alex

#10 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:13 AM

(((((Conny)))))

Hi sweetie and welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry for the reasons that brought you here, however, I am glad you have found us.

Make yourself comfortable around here and know we're here whenever you need a listening ear.

Take gentle care of yourself,

Lindy

#11 Kelly

Kelly

Sesame Street Rocks!

• 7,067 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:01 PM

Hi Conny. I just wanted to echo what others have said and welcome you to the group. We are all in this together and we will make it through smile.gif . I know I come here to offer support as much as I come to get it, which is really helpful to me.

Take good care.
~Kelly

#12 Guest_Madonna_*

Guest_Madonna_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2004 - 01:25 PM

Welcome Conny!!! It's wonderful to meet you!
I'm so sorry that you went through so many traumatic things. We are here to heal with you and support you. I hope to be talking more to you smile.gif
(((Hugs)))

Madonna

#13 Rebel Grrl

Rebel Grrl

Headbanger Grrlie

• 327 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:53 PM

Welcome Conny! I am sorry for what has happened to you, but I'm glad you found us. *hug*

#14 Kelsie

Kelsie

Agent99

• 158 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:02 AM

Welcome ((Conny))

I'm so sorry for all that you have gone through. This site is so supportive, and you can talk about what you feel most comfortable about. Take care of yourself. hug.gif
((hugs))

Kelsie

#15 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:48 AM

(((Conny))) Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you have a reason to be here but I'm happy you found us. You are not alone.

Take precious care of yourself,
Tracy