Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hi! Yep, Another Newbie

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Medley

Medley

The Gentle Heart

• 71 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 12:39 AM

Hi.
I'm just starting to try to cope with my abuse issues through means other than self-destructive coping mechanisms, so here I am.
I suppose it's customary to tell a bit of our stories?
I was abused by my mother's boyfriend. I can't quite remember how old I was the first time. Somewhere between 9 and 11. The last incident (which wasn't anything big) was when I was 20 or 21.
She just broke up with him a month or so ago, and maybe that's why it's all coming out now. I don't ever have to deal with him again, so it's safe to let it out now.
Oh, and I'm 23 now and happily married. I probably wouldn't be alive now if it wasn't for my husband. Poor guy.
Looking foward to getting to know all of you.

#2 -Nene-

-Nene-

Intrepid Innocence

• 1,111 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 01:55 AM

*hugs*
Hi Medley, I'm really sorry for what happened to you, but I'm glad you found this place, it's great here and everyone does there best to make you feel comfortable, which helps your healing. It's good to hear you have a great husband who supports you.
Looking forward to getting to know you more

~Janene

#3 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 12:56 PM

Medley,

welcome to After Silence, I wish you didn't have a reason to be here but I hope that you'll find plenty of support in here.

I'm sorry for all you had to go through, fortunately you have found love and support in your husband, that's wonderful. We never know when these memories and triggers will decide to come up and like you said you are probably allowing yourself to deal with it now bacause you finally feel safe and free of him.

Please feel free to lean on us for support or anything, we;ll make it through this together hug.gif

Hugs,
Verena

I suppose it's customary to tell a bit of our stories?

sweetie, you don't have to tell anything you are not confortable with....there are no rules when it comes to sharing feelings. Think about yourself frist and what is best for you thumbsup.gif

#4 BrownEyedSundancer

BrownEyedSundancer
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 01:46 PM

Hi Medley,

i'm sorry for what happened to you, but glad that you found this site. i am new too and have found everyone very helpful and supportive. i'm glad to hear that you have someone at home who loves and supports you.

Ray

#5 Medley

Medley

The Gentle Heart

• 71 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 10:26 PM

Thanks. I feel all welcome. smile.gif
Actually this is the first time in months that I haven't been too scared to read replies to my posts on a message board.
Yeah...my husband does help a lot. I told him a little bit when we first started dating, but he didn't know the full story until a couple of days ago.
I also wish none of you had to be here.

#6 Guest_Madonna_*

Guest_Madonna_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2004 - 10:43 PM

((((Medley)))) I am so sorry that all of that happened to you. I am, however so relieved that you do not have to see that monster again!
Please continue to post so that we can get to know you better smile.gif

Madonna

#7 Kelly

Kelly

Sesame Street Rocks!

• 7,067 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:44 AM

Hi Medley. Welcome to the board. As others have said, please take your time, get to know the place and share when you are ready. We are patient people smile.gif and I am sure you will find several people who will identify with what you have been through as well as anything you are struggling with now.

Take good care.

~Kelly

#8 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:59 AM

Hi Medley and welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry for everything you have gone through. I'm so glad you found us here. You not walk alone on this journey, we are here for you.

Take precious care of yourself,
Tracy

#9 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:31 PM

(((Medley))) Welcome to the group. I am sorry for the pain that has brought you here. Make yourself comfortable and post only what you are ready when you are ready. This is a wonderful place to be for healing and support. I hope you come to love this place as much as I do. Know that you do not journey alone. We are here to walk with you. Be gentle with yourself as you heal.

#10 Medley

Medley

The Gentle Heart

• 71 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:53 PM

Thanks. smile.gif
I've been to a lot of boards, but none that are as welcoming and warm as this one.

#11 Belinda

Belinda
  • Banned
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:53 AM

hey..welcome to the board smile.gif
Belinda

#12 Guest_anonny_*

Guest_anonny_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2004 - 05:03 PM

I got smileys working overtime today! hehe!

Wonderful you have a supportive husband,Medley...sure you are finding that care and support here too.

Huggles,Carole

Edited by anonny, 23 April 2004 - 05:04 PM.

#13 Guest_geezzzlouise_*

Guest_geezzzlouise_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:53 PM

medley,
hi. and another welcome tossed towards you. i'm brand new too (just a couple days old) and i have fallen in love with this place. it really is a good place to have because it is so understanding and caring. i am glad you are here despite the reasons that brought you here. take good care of yourself.

always,
sylvia
"geezzzlouise"

#14 Rebel Grrl

Rebel Grrl

Headbanger Grrlie

• 327 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 06:08 PM

Welcome Medley! I'm so sorry for what happened to you, but I'm glad you have a loving supportive husband, and that you've found us here. *hugs*