Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Was I Sexually Abused In Childhood?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_barsik_*

Guest_barsik_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2004 - 11:05 PM

There you go then. Wise thoughts

I just call it like it is. In reading through this thread I cannot find a single instance where I have spoken a falsehood. Although, I did err when I said I lived in Danville for two years... I think it was more like 1 1/2 years.

I hope that Vera is reading this thread, though. There is a lot of pain and anger in that woman. As such, I have come to the conclusion that I love her. I don't mean 'romantic' love, but rather, true love... and I have proof, too.

In this thread right here...

LINK: Feeling A Failure, pity party...

...Vera is feeling bad and sorry for herself about her struggles with math.

Now take a good look at all of those replies to her... taking note of my reply, too.

I do not feed her self-pity.

I do not tell her to run off helpless to a learning center.

I do not write her off as hopelessly bad at math by telling her that I suck at math, too.

In otherwords, I do not enable her victim role.

Instead, I give her good solid practical advice on how she, herself, can defeat her math woes. A method that I have used myself in community college, and of which I have seen work with others when I was a math tutor at community college. Whether the method works with her or not doesn't matter... so long as she at least has a chance. If she tries and it doesn't work then that is okay. If she tries and it does work... she will feel more confident about herself, she will feel better about herself, and she will be taking her power back. As an added bonus, she will get to stay in New York, too.

I submit that my reply to Vera was, in essence, an act of true love.

Edited by barsik, 29 April 2004 - 02:33 AM.