Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The Healing Quotes Thread!

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#16 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:36 PM

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Martin Luther King Jr.

#17 Guest_-Jennifer-_*

Guest_-Jennifer-_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:36 PM

"A strong positive mental attitude will create more mircales than any wonder drug." -Patricia Neal

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind."-William James

"A postive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."- Herm Albright

"Eccentricity is not, as dull people would have us believe, a form of madness. It is often a kind of innocent pride, and the man of genius and the aristocrat are frequently regarded as eccentrics because genius and aristocrat are entirely unafraid of an uninfluenced by the opinions and vagaries of the crowd." - Edith Sitwell

#18 Black

Black
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:38 AM

" and the trouble is if you don't risk anything, you risk even more" - Erica Jong

"There are three things extremely hard, steel, a diamond and to know one's self" - Ben Franklin

#19 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:29 PM

"Sorrow comes in great waves...but it rolls over us, and though it may almost smother us, it leaves us. And we know that if it is strong, we are stronger, inasmuch as it passes and we remain." ~ Henry James

Change has considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful, change is threatening because it means that things may get worse To the hopeful, change is encouraging because things may get better. To confident, change is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better.
~ King Whitney, Jr.

I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time.
~Anna Freud

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
~ Mohandas Gandhi

"I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be "happy." I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all."
~ Leo C. Rosten

#20 Horses4Healing

Horses4Healing
  • 901 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:05 PM

In reverence for those women who have gone before us and paid the ultimate price...

WHO WILL GRIEVE FOR THIS WOMAN?
DOES SHE NOT SEEM TO INSIGNIFICANT FOR OUR CONCERN?
BUT IN MY HEART, I WILL NOT DENY HER,
WHO SUFFERED DEATH BECAUSE SHE CHOSE TO TURN.

ANA AHKMATOVA

Edited by Horses4Healing, 02 January 2006 - 11:26 PM.

#21 SJN

SJN
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:57 AM

Any change, any loss, does not make us victims. Others can shake you, surprise you, disappoint you, but they can’t prevent you from acting, from taking the situation you’re presented with and moving on. No matter where you are in life, no matter what your situation, you can always do something. You always have a choice, and the choice can be power.
–Blaine Lee

#22 Haullie

Haullie

Resurrecting my soul...

• 4,753 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:42 AM

“Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light.” –Hellen Keller

#23 impetuous angel

impetuous angel

holy water in my lungs

• 348 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:39 PM

i found this one recently--
cuz i'm a latin quote dork but--- Alis Volat Propiis---which means---she flies with her own wings --
wink.gif christina

#24 parrhesia

parrhesia

ryzin from the roots

• 343 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:35 AM

Accept no one's definition of your life, but
define yourself .

-- Fierstein Harvey

tealribbon.gif

#25 parrhesia

parrhesia

ryzin from the roots

• 343 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:37 AM

Dance… Like nobody's watching.
Love… Like you've never been hurt.

~ Anonymous

#26 lamaenad

lamaenad
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:12 AM

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer

-Albert Camus

#27 livinhope

livinhope
  • 486 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:28 AM

You must BE the change you wish to see in the world
(Ghandi)

#28 Butterfly

Butterfly
  • 276 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:46 AM

"The pain of the truth is not nearly as bad as, pretending the truth does not exist"
unknow[b]

"Black bird singing in the dead of night. Take these broken wings and learn to fly. All your life you have only waited til this moment has arrived.
Black bird singing in the dead of night. Take these sunken eyes and learn to see. All your life you have only waited for this moment to be free."
Beatles

#29 parrhesia

parrhesia

ryzin from the roots

• 343 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:40 PM

"Acknowledge each feeling (as it arises), and then let it go.
If you do not continue with it, then you will be free of that feeling.
Similar thoughts and feelings may come again,
but just treat them the same."

~ Diana St. Ruth

#30 mermaid1971

mermaid1971

Mermaid 1971

• 28 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 12:34 AM

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.---- unsure of author, maybe king david, but is in the bible somewhere may possibly have misquoted a word or 2

for a long time I was mad at God and am just now starting to feel spiritual once more