Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The Healing Quotes Thread!

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#91 foggy172

foggy172
  • 824 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

"Failure is inevitable. Defeat is optional" - me

" When going through Hell, dont stop".

"when all you got to keep is strong, move along, move along, like I know you do" - All-American Rejects

#92 Kat5

Kat5
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:55 PM

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.

Mark Twain

#93 Kat5

Kat5
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

"The idea is to rescue myself from the role of a victim. That I have a choice left. Though I can't change what has happened, I can choose how to react. And I don't want to spend the rest of my life being bitter and locked up." smile.gif

#94 Archie

Archie

Archie

• Contributing Member
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:10 PM

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square hole. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
Steve Jobs

#95 jessie101

jessie101
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

It's not what happens to us, but our response to it, that hurts us...in fact our most difficult experiences become the crucibles that forge our character and develop the internal powers, the freedom to handle the difficult circumstances in the future and inspire others to do so as well.Covey

I look at this when I have 'why me' moments and 'when will all this end'....I know I will be the stronger person at the end of all this xx clover.gif

#96 calliehere

calliehere
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:15 PM

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!

#97 abbywil83

abbywil83
  • 992 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:48 PM

"Anger is healthy, but out of balance if it doesn't have compassion."

Edited by abbywil83, 19 August 2011 - 11:50 PM.

#98 abbywil83

abbywil83
  • 992 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:37 AM

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.

Edited by abbywil83, 25 August 2011 - 12:38 AM.

#99 chameleon

chameleon
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:01 AM

'WE CAN'T CHANGE THE PAST, WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS, SO LIVE IN TODAY, LIVE LIKE YOU'VE NEVER LIVED BEFORE'

#100 LovesHerald

LovesHerald
  • 464 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:11 AM

"It belongs to the very substance of nonviolence never to destroy or damage another person's feeling of self-worth, even an opponent's. We all need, constantly, an advance of trust and affirmation." -bernard haring

#101 sentenced

sentenced
  • M. Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:07 AM

I don't remember where I heard this, but it has me wondering about myself lately:

"It's not what you have, but what you can give"