Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The Healing Quotes Thread!

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#46 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

live today like there's no tomorrow!

• 4,780 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:21 AM

the only one i can think of at the moment is:
"although the world is filled with suffering, it is also filled with overcoming it." - helen keller

Edited by ~*chelsea*~, 31 August 2008 - 11:25 PM.

#47 Timeless

Timeless
  • 431 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:07 PM

"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatsoever state I may be in, therein to be content."
-Hellen Keller

"In the process of defining myself, I have a tendency to set up rules and boundaries and then forget that rules are made to be broken, as are boundaries to be expanded and crossed."
-Kathleen Casey Theisen

Edited by Timeless, 01 June 2008 - 02:25 PM.

#48 Timeless

Timeless
  • 431 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:51 PM

"However confused the scene of our life appears, however torn we may be who now do face that scene, it can be faced, and we can go on to be whole."

-Muriel Rukeyser

#49 AWhisperofTruth

AWhisperofTruth

Mirror in the sky, what is love?

• 2,840 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:36 AM

Most of my favorites have already been posted. smile.gif Here are some others, though.

"Sorrow comes in great waves. . .but it rolls over us, and though it may almost smother us, it leaves us. And we know that if it is strong, we are stronger, inasmuch as it passes and we remain."
- Henry James

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."
-Anonymous

"Any change, any loss, does not make us victims. Others can shake you, surprise you, disappoint you, but they can't prevent you from acting, from taking the situation you're presented with and moving on. No matter where you are in life, no matter what your situation, you can always do something. You have a choice, and the choice can be power."
-Blaine Lee

#50 athenaxena

athenaxena

The rest is still unwritten...

• 306 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:22 PM

There's only now
There's only here
Give in to love
Or live in fear
No other road
No other way
No day but today
-Rent, written by Jonathan Larson

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams -Eleanor Roosevelt

Everybody sails alone
But we can travel side by side
Even if you fail
You know that no one really minds
-Heal Over by KT Tunstall

This is a great thread... I'll come back because I know I have more but this is all I can think of at the moment.

#51 Katia60

Katia60
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:23 PM

"I know now that every time I accept my past and respect where I am in the present, I'm giving myself a future."
-a quote from 'The Courage to Heal'

#52 janey7

janey7

The only way out is through.

• 1,062 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:23 PM

i think this one sums up the healing process-

"Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and win a little more later"- Louis L'Amour

#53 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

• 4,780 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:17 AM

"a man/woman who won't stand for something will fall for anything." - usher raymond

#54 denuseri

denuseri

Learning to thrive again.

• 27 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 01:12 AM

mainly here in the south: "girl up my sistas"

#55 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

• 4,780 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:06 PM

"the greatest healing therapy is friendship and love" - hubert h. humphrey

#56 sunshinegirl

sunshinegirl

Everything rides on hope now

• 237 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:56 PM

"You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.
-Maya Angelou

#57 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

• 4,780 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:12 PM

"a man who has hope has everything". - anonymous

#58 Bennett

Bennett
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:25 AM

"Thou shall not be a victim. Thou shall not be a perpetrator. Above all, thou shall not be a bystander."

The Holocaust Museum, Washington, DC

I LOVE this quote...it is very inspiring to me.

#59 momstaxi

momstaxi
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:48 AM

A person is as happy as he/she makes their mind up to be. Abraham Lincoln

#60 John

John

We're all stories in the end....make yours a good one

• Administrator
  • 7,632 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:09 AM