Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The Healing Quotes Thread!

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#31 CJ

CJ

I'm so glam I pee glitter

• Contributing Member
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:34 AM

People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.

#32 parrhesia

parrhesia

ryzin from the roots

• 343 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 03:00 PM

"To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all...that is genius...
A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the luster of the firmament of bards and sages.
Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his. In every work of genius we recognize our own rejected thoughts; they come back to us with a certain alienated majesty."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

#33 livinhope

livinhope
  • 486 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 04:16 AM

Music washes away from the soul the dust of every day life
Berthold Auerbach

#34 the_lioness

the_lioness

Elle

• 434 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:03 AM

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”

-Dr. Seuss smile.gif

#35 Peacegirl

Peacegirl

Searching Soul

• 3,960 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:05 PM

"Music is the salve for the wounds of the soul" Mark Twain

#36 BlueWings

BlueWings

sauve moi

• 725 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:26 PM

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” - James Dean

#37 BlueWings

BlueWings

sauve moi

• 725 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:42 PM

Through my years of pain, I've learned that moments are so precious. Time is irreplacable and people glorify and prioritize so earthly. I've learned that it's the most humbling thing in the world, though untangible. I love time, it does many things. But it's as dangerous as it is wonderful. I love this quote:

“If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything.” - Win Borden

#38 theresaclapper

theresaclapper
  • 612 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:37 AM

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."---Matthew 11:29

#39 -fuerza-

-fuerza-

it's been a wild ride, I wouldn't change a minute.

• 419 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:17 PM

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

i think that's a great one for us all. smile.gif

#40 hurricanepink6

hurricanepink6
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:19 AM

"Be patient and tough;
Some day this pain will be useful to you."
-Ovid

#41 fuzzysnowflake

fuzzysnowflake
  • 358 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

"When I dance, I cannot judge, I cannot hate, I cannot separate myself from life. I can only be joyful and whole, that is why I dance."
Hans Bos

#42 jillian57

jillian57
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:28 PM

"what lies before us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"

a good friend of mine at work told me Jesus says...."it's okay to come totally apart, i put you together once and i can do it again."

"practice being positive in each situation that arises even if whatever is taking place at the moment is not so good, expect God to bring good out of it."

#43 jillian57

jillian57
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE(-fuerza- @ Jul 24 2007, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

i think that's a great one for us all. smile.gif

i love this....thanks so much for posting, i think i'm gonna put this on my myspace!

#44 Aayla

Aayla
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:34 PM

"Courage is not the abscence of fear but rather the judgment that somthing else-is more important than fear"

#45 hollygolightly

hollygolightly

one day at a time

• 803 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:42 AM

If you are a survivor, it means you have strength. Always see yourself as a survivor and not a victim. Believe in yourself that you have the strength and ability to move forward with your life. You want to get to a stage where the past does not affect your everyday life. As a child who was abused, you had no choice what happened to you. As an adult you do have a choice and you can choose which path you take - a path towards negativity, destroying yourself as a person, continually blaming yourself and putting yourself down - or you can choose a path towards healing and recovery. Learning to like and love yourself, praise yourself, value yourself, take the blame and guilt off your shoulders, be positive, start to achieve what you want to achieve in life, move towards happiness, love, fulfillment. The choice is yours.

http://womanspathway...ticleabuse.html