Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

New Here

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_laurasinnerchild_*

Guest_laurasinnerchild_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:00 PM

unsure.gif When I was 8 I was sexually abused by my brother for 2yrs. It started with fondling, his fingers,then oral sex. After he went in for treatment for drugs and booze I told his shrink. The shrink to my parents I was lying,watching to many soaps. I held it in for 22yrs until 1/31/00; I confronted him and of course he denied it as usual. From then on I ve been into therapy and on meds. Recently my husband to me during a arguement that he doesnt want to hear about my abuse all the time-which means he dont care. He did apologize for that statement. He wants me to "Pretend to forgive my brother"...screw him, well thats my story unsure.gif

#2 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:52 PM

i am very sorry for all the pain your brother has put you through and for the lack of support and understanding you have recieved since.
everyone here is great and will listen to your problems without judging you.
hope you find comfort in this place!
i'm here if you need to talk
bettyx

#3 Guest_1Peter2:24_*

Guest_1Peter2:24_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2004 - 06:53 PM

I am also new here and was also molested by my brother. My abuse started when I was about 9 or 10. I am now 28. He has admitted it, but I think he looks at it more as just him being "curious." He has No idea how his curiosity has damaged me. After 3 years of DEEP Christian counseling I am finally beginning to feel whole. But sometimes I wonder what "whole" feels like, I've been broken so long.
My parents are still in denial. But I can't even imagine what they must be feeling knowing what their son did to their daughter. But I must admit I still need to work on some forgiveness issues with them.

I found this site while searching for some support about flashbacks. I have been having really bad flashback for over a week now. I haven't been sleeping well. My mind just feels tired. I am thankful though, that I am finally remembering some things. Because remembering and comforting your inner child is part of the healing process.

#4 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 07:34 PM

I am so sorry for all the pain you have been made to experience. As a survivor of incest myself i understand too well. As far as familial support i had none either. I hope you find the support here that I have.

#5 Guest_laurasinnerchild_*

Guest_laurasinnerchild_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2004 - 07:42 PM

Thanks phoenyx!! My parents believe me but husband is sick of it but he did apologize to me. but I am not going to tell him anything about my abuse.

#6 Guest_laurasinnerchild_*

Guest_laurasinnerchild_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2004 - 07:49 PM

Thanks for everyone who responsed and for the advice. I am so sorry for all of your pain and I wish I had a magic wand to take it all away.. smile.gif

#7 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 12:15 AM

(laurasinnerchild) I'm so sorry for all the pain that you have gone through. I am happy that you found us here at After Silence. I hope you find the comfort and support here that you need. You are not alone here.

Take precious care of yourself.
Tink

#8 tulip

tulip

Star Seeker

• 230 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 01:50 PM

Welcome laurasinnerchild. Try to be patient and gentle with yourself as you do things to heal. It's a great place here to find comfort and understanding.

((safe hugs))

tulip

#9 Haullie

Haullie

Resurrecting my soul...

• 4,753 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 02:50 PM

You shoudn't have to prentent to forgive anyone, forgiveness belongs to yourself and to no one else. Whom you decide to forgive and on what terms and where is your own right. It doesn't mean that you shouldn't forgie, I know a lot of survivors who feel better about forgiveing, but understand that it doesn't alays come with everyone and that is perfectly understandable, that is your own right and anyone who doesn't respect that is not worth your effort includeing anyone whom you are close with. They should be open to understanding you more, not in changeing your right to feel.

wub.gif Haullie