Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Hello Im New Here

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mrscoon

• 52 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:44 AM

Hello I am new here and I am survivor of childhood sexual abuse.  I am 22 now and married and I have 2 children (from marriage not part of the abuse)  I just wanted to say thank you for allowing me to join this forum, I think this will really help me knowing that I am not alone in my struggle for freedom from the pain both physical and mental. Looking forward to making some new friends and support partners. :hi: :friends2:

Edited by mrscoon, 30 October 2015 - 07:25 AM.

#2 ActivistAlly

• Newbie Support Team Leader
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:06 AM

I'm sorry to hear of the abuse you suffered in the past.  I hope that you will find AS to be a small part of the kind support that you deserve as you struggle to heal the wounds of your childhood trauma.  

#3 reglois

• 8,812 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:53 PM

:aswelcomesu:  :youcanheal:  :notalone:  :bighug: if Ok

#4 Annie7

• 2,536 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:36 PM

Welcome ;)

#5 MeBeMary

• 14,445 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:19 PM

Hello Mrscoon,

Welcome to AS.  I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but AS is a very supportive site, with many kind and understanding members.  You've made a big step reaching out, and I am sure it is only one of many to come.  I do wish you well on your healing journey.

#6 mrscoon

• 52 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 05:56 AM

Thank you everyone for the welcome. I am so happy that I found this site and I cant wait to heal I don't want to feel like a victim anymore, I want to feel like a survivor. I know I am already addicted to this place and I have only just begun lol.

#7 Jasmin15

• 67 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:35 AM

Hi and welcome.

#8 Dasi

• 33 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:10 PM

Hello mrscoon!

I am sorry to hear of your csa. You have come to the right place to have support from fellow survivors who really "get it". I am also a survivor of csa from my father. Please feel free to contact me anytime! I hope that you are in contact with a good therapist in your area as well.  :youcanheal:

Dasi :butterfly:  :butterfly:  :butterfly: