Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The Inner Child Thread

• Please log in to reply
458 replies to this topic

#91 rainbowstar

rainbowstar
  • 410 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:02 AM

My inner child isn't saying much these days. I hope I haven't upset her. Maybe she's sleeping. I would like to hug her.

hug.gif

#92 Daydreamer

Daydreamer

Broken Fairytale

• 627 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE(rainbowstar @ Nov 14 2005, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My inner child isn't saying much these days. I hope I haven't upset her. Maybe she's sleeping. I would like to hug her.

hug.gif

(((((rainbow and rainbows inner child)))))

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

#93 Becky

Becky

There is Hope

• Contributing Member
  • 9,929 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:13 PM

Hello ladies,
This concept is very new to me. I was just reading some of your posts and many of them made me cry...which unfortunately isn't very easy to do. I am not sure how to feel about this and it makes me a bit fearful for some reason. I think I will have to come back here after I have taken some time to process it.
It seems incredible.

Thank you for this! hug.gif

Becky

#94 CJ

CJ

I'm so glam I pee glitter

• Contributing Member
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:00 PM

hug.gif Becky im the same, i write a sentence when i dare.

Today i wanna tell my inner child that on one pants note everything is falling apart, but at least that means things can only get better

#95 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:58 PM

Haven't been here in a while, i have quite probably been neglecting my inner child, in fact last time i posted here i felt she was dead..... well i found her again, and right now we are both doing okay.

Dear little one
I am feeling okay right now, and that makes me really happy. The last few days we have both been rather brave and taken steps that have led us into the unknown again. We went back into counselling, and although we don't have Lisa this time we do have Katie. I know how much you liked Lisa and how she made you feel all warm and safe inside, but hopefully we will get that feeling with Katie to....we could certanly give it a chance couldn't we?. I really don't like the place that we are having the counselling, of all places it had to be in a doctors surgery, that really raises my anxiety levels so i know that we are probably more nervous than we normally would be...but im willing to give it a go, and this time i would really like to be able to listen to what you want to say in the counselling process too.
we also had those job interviews today, god i was so nervous...contemplating working again is real scary but we have to do it, so that we can have a decent standard of life...the nurseries we saw were nice, and i have good feelings about them.... hopefully our future is beggining to improve, what do you think?

Dawn wub.gif

Dear Dawn
I am glad that your feeling okay, i am feeling okay too. I had a bad nightmare the other night, but of course you know about that, and you did try to comfort me so its okay.
The counselling is scary, and my tummy had the wobbles when we first went, Katie is nice, i think, but she isn't Lisa and i really miss Lisa...How do we know that we can trust Katie? ~ i guess i will let you decide that. I may talk to Katie, but right now i am nervous of her. I don't like it being in the doctors it makes me real uncomfortable, maybe you could tell katie how you feel about that.
I wonder what you want to find out from counselling, do you really want me to talk, im not sure what to say, i really don't want to hurt you, but i am fed up hiding and maybe now we should talk properly about things...what do you think?

~ love always, little one

~ well my inner child and myself are both putting the 'balls' back into each others courts... i get the feeling that right now neither one of us wants to makea decision about what to do next..... strangely enough im okay with that....kind of a 'what will be, will be' attitude right now....and that feels fine.

Dawn

#96 Guest_-Jennifer-_*

Guest_-Jennifer-_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:28 AM

My little girl has been really distant. Sometimes I wonder if I am suppose to let her go, live in peace and just let her go....but then it feels dark and lonely and we come rushing back to one another.

We're both very exhausted. I feel like I can take on K, which I know is coming my way. At the same time, she's tired tired tired.

Its a tough time of the year for us too. Lost a lot of really close people to us. One she knew, his name was Jason. I graduated with him in High school (a few years ago), but we grew up together since grade school. He taught her how to draw flowers. She likes to color, paint, write love notes to her friends.....nobody knows its her though. She likes to stay hidden in the shadows where I can keep her safe.

I feel so disconnected to her lately and that makes me really sad....I don't feel complete without her.

#97 heathbar

heathbar

Healing is a choice that we must do daily

• 2,548 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:40 AM

As stated before I don't really have an inner child, every time she tries to emerge she gets hurt therefore I refuse to let her out. There is so much pain and hurt she can't breathe, therefore needing my protection. So I will protect her because that is my job as an adult she wasn't protected before and now she is.

#98 rainbowstar

rainbowstar
  • 410 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:39 AM

Daydreamer, thanks for the hugs! You're a sweetie! Here's some for you and your inner child:

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Edited by rainbowstar, 24 November 2005 - 03:26 AM.

#99 rainbowstar

rainbowstar
  • 410 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:27 AM

Rainbow: I know. I'm not very good at this am I?

inner child: No

Edited by rainbowstar, 24 November 2005 - 03:27 AM.

#100 teazle

teazle
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:39 AM

my inner child is majorly pissed off with me today and i haven't got a clue what i did wrong unsure.gif

#101 Daydreamer

Daydreamer

Broken Fairytale

• 627 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:30 AM

cry.gif <---- my inner child.

#102 rainbowstar

rainbowstar
  • 410 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:34 AM

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Hugs for Teazle's and Daydreamer's innerchildren

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Can we set up a creche please? I need to escape from my inner child for a bit - I'll pay good money! tongue.gif

#103 whitedove

whitedove
  • Contributing Member
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:03 AM

I have not read the other posts here because there are 7 pages:-

my childs name is tina. I do not know why i named her tina but I named her about 8 yrs or so ago.

I have just started with this new counsellor and surprisingly her name is tina - what a surprise!! any way

i would just like to say to you - that you are doing well - even after knowing you so long i like your courage and determination.

#104 tealight rookie

tealight rookie

Feel

• 2,438 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE(rainbowstar @ Nov 20 2005, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can we set up a creche please? I need to escape from my inner child for a bit - I'll pay good money! tongue.gif

laugh3.gif That made me smile so much this morning. Perhaps we could draw up a rota? wink.gif

To all the new people and their inner children on this thread, I just want to say welcome smile.gif This is a safe space.

hug.gif Ruthie

#105 tealight rookie

tealight rookie

Feel

• 2,438 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:24 AM

Dear Little Bee,

I know you've been scared by a few things recently. I know you don't like the sounds of Kate coughing at night, and that it makes you feel all sorts of things that you'd rather not. But I wanted to say that I am proud of you. I am proud of you for coming and finding me on Sunday night, and asking for a huggle. Remember, anytime you want to come and sleep in my arms you can. It's okay. smile.gif

And I know you were there with Hilary yesterday too. You are doing SO WELL. I'm super proud of you darling. clapping.gif

With so much love,

wub.gif Ruthie