Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The Inner Child Thread

• Please log in to reply
458 replies to this topic

#451 lampathy

lampathy
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

Dear Little Me,
Wee Emma, I don't know if I ever told you how proud I am of you for telling Frances and Catherine. They did go to him and tell him to stop and it really isn't your fault that he didn't and when they shout at big Emma, that's their guilt. When Catherine said you were a spoilt brat & deserved all you got, she was drunk which is no excuse but had nothing to do with you, you definitely were not a spoilt brat. You by the way are bloody amazing. Who was it that stopped him? You that's who, you outsmarted him, never forget that and just because everybody tells you that big Emma is so like her mummy, that doesn't mean that big Emma will have the same bad judgement in men and I think it's time to trust her - she'll need your help though.
Oh and thank you so much for making Big Emma wear the Minnie Mouse Ears around Disney and home to Belfast she loved it.

Love you always to the moon and back xxx

oh wow that was really cathartic - thank you for this thread.

#452 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

I try to make everyone's day a little more surreal.

• 6,295 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:51 PM

I...uh...I've been too busy holding myself together to think much of my inner child. I'm horribly awkward with real-life kids, never know what to say or do. I'm a large person anyway; dealing with kids makes me feel so unwieldy and clumsy, I'm afraid I'll break them by accident.

I get that it's good to be in contact with your inner child...but how? I'm so big and she's so tiny; its even worse than dealing with real-life children. I'm afraid I'll accidentally smoosh her...and I think she's afraid of me just 'cause I'm a grown up.

Or does all this just sound utterly daft?

#453 sassmaster2000

sassmaster2000
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Alex21 @ Apr 26 2011, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Little Alex wants to come out and play but she is very scared too ...might get told to be grown up by husband he don't seems to understand the whole inner child thing.

I'm sorry your husband doesn't understand the inner child. My husband is having trouble with it too, so now he is coming to bonus therapy appointments so my t can explain things to him.

#454 sassmaster2000

sassmaster2000
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:37 PM

Little Girl,

I am finally going to let you have your way tonight and you get to sleep with your stuffed animal. I know you've needed the comfort and I haven't let you have that because it keeps me awake. Tonight is about you and your needs so enjoy!

#455 abbywil83

abbywil83
  • 992 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:58 AM

ok little me - it's time to go to sleep. We have this problem almost every night. I've been a lot nicer to you lately and you don't have to worry- I will be nicer from now on, for ever and ever. Please help me get some sleep. I understand you're excited about going to a new place for a while- but you still need sleep. You have your bear, we can cuddle, It is so past your bedtime. pleeasseeeeee!!!!!

Edited by abbywil83, 09 May 2011 - 10:01 PM.

#456 flea

flea

Never trust a happy song.

• 2,875 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

I'm trying to really get in touch with you little flea. I typically ignore you at all costs but I don't think that's working to well. I'll try to be a little more patient/open to you but please forgive me on the days I'm harsh with you. This is as confusing for me as for you.

#457 MissMuppet

MissMuppet
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

I've only just seen this thread but I need to say this somewhere. I hate little M. I'm terrified of her. I think she has a power over me that I don't really understand. I have dreams where she'll kill me just to keep the silence. She knows more than I do but she won't tell me any of it. I want to know about my past and she won't tell me. I really really hate her. I feel bad for saying that but I can't deny that it's true. I'm scared of her and I hate her.  :(

#458 leah27

leah27

Dancing in the rain...

• 324 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

The first time I was asked to think about my inner chid.... The group facilitator asked us to give our child a hug.... I couldn't help thinking, is she the kind of child I would like? Would I even want to hug her? And the answer in my head was that she was a little brat....

And sometimes I even hated her....

I wanted to kill her.... I liked keeping her separate from grown-up me and pretend what happened to her hadn't happened to me.

We aren't exactly on friendly terms yet, but my T asked me to draw the two of us together and I drew us sitting on a picnic rug, sharing food. I wasn't ready to love her yet, but I wanted her to be happy and cared for (picnics were always one of my favourite things to do.. and still are)

#459 Maley

Maley
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Sweet little boy.........I am starting to get little tiny glimpses of you and I'm so sorry I left you behind all  these years in silence and alone.............I am now learning in a very deep way what it means to love you through my 3 year old grandson............I want to take your hand like I learned in taking his and help you know you are loved and I want to help you feel and live outloud like you deserve..........you have been silent so long........take my hand........