Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The Inner Child Thread

• Please log in to reply
458 replies to this topic

#391 ladybug2

ladybug2
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

my inner child is feeling scared. lonely. scared. lonely. dont know which is worse.

#392 SunButterfly

SunButterfly

I wish I could fly away

• Inactive Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:20 PM

My inner child at the moment is very happy, cause for once she can smile and be able to do things she always wanted to do. When she's not happy, she's very angry at me cause she just wants someone to hold onto. She wants to be able to trust people but she knows she can't cause she's been hurt so much in her life. At times I numb my feelings and I can feel deeply how she wants to cry, but she's also very strong. On days where I'm by myself my inner child comes out and I suddenly start crying, she's deeply sad by what has happened and she no longer wants to go on with life until the situation is taken care of. She trusts people who are open and willing to listen to her cause that's all she wants. That's what most people want, a friend, somebody to lean on when she's sad and somebody who deeply cares about her and that won't betray her ever.

#393 Elsa21

Elsa21

B R O k E N

• 361 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

My inner child feels sad and is hiding she feels unsafe

Dear lil one

sorry you are feeling sad and unsafe
its ok to come out of hiding its safe
no bad people here i promise you will be safe

love Jane_Doe

#394 FrenchFry

FrenchFry
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:03 AM

My inner child is sitting in a dark corner with her knees to her chest and her face buried beneath her hair surrounding her lowered head. She is crying and I'm not sure why because I have been issues reaching her. All I know is she misses feeling loved and loving back, but she is too afraid to love anymore.

I want to tell her it's okay to cry and it's okay to let someone hold her. I want her to know that it is time to let go of all of the negative feelings and that it is time for us to move passed him and accept him for the monster he is. I want her to know that I love her and so do many other people. That she is beautiful... and that she needs to come with me and accept growing up because I'm not fourteen anymore.

#395 star85

star85
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

I think my inner child has finally been heard and listen to.

I am so sorry lil star for blaming you and trying my hardest to block you out.

#396 BreakMyShell

BreakMyShell
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:33 PM

my inner child is feeling lonley and unloved.

i want to tell her...be strong, you have me. and i dont know why no one loves you, but i love you very much.

#397 star85

star85
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:16 PM

Im not liking my inner child that much today

IM SORRY I DON'T MEAN TO HATE YOU cry.gif mad.gif

#398 star85

star85
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:43 PM

I am so sorry lil star, I was so hard on you yesterday. I don't hate you I get a little confused sometimes about who my anger is really aimed at. I'm sorry I can't say the L word yet but just know i'm here x

#399 missT

missT
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:46 PM

To my inner child,
it's ok, you're allowed to grieve. I'm sorry iv shut you out for so long, I'm sorry iv tried to ignore you. We both hurt, it can't be escaped and we should heal together not separately. I'm afraid too, you're not useless, pathetic or shameful for feeling this way. He may still be out There but so many people do love us...we are protected. we did all we could. You can be brave. I know trusting the new guy is hard, I know you want to, and I know it hurts that you can't, I believe it will come in time. You can be strong. smile.gif
Just next time I acknowledge you... Please don't greet me with a fierce panic attack.
Thanks.

Edited by missT, 08 September 2010 - 05:53 PM.

#400 Andrea1501

Andrea1501
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

Dear child me
it was not your fault.

You were a child, innocent. You had no understanding, no knowledge, no experience. You did not know why he did what he did. What was it? You did not know.

You were only 3, only 5, only a child.

Forgive yourself dear child. Deep forgiveness. Forgive your body. Let go.

I love you

#401 iamreal

iamreal
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:08 AM

feels sad an scared

is this worth it? sad.gif

#402 WayOut

WayOut
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:06 PM

Dear Young one,

I know I didnt talk to you before. You are confused. You have no clue whats going on. Think this is okay. I want to tell you thats not okay, it doesnt mean you are bad, you dont deserve this. If you want me to punch her, I will? I am sorry you have to witness this, your soul is innocent, I am so sorry you are going through this. I wish you start talking to me, it's been long time,but I know you can. I promise you I will get you out of here, you will not be there anymore, that's not the place you should be. You dont belong there, and you dont deserve this. People who hurt you should be punished for that, I will do it.
Talk to me.

Love you.

#403 rosebank

rosebank
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:35 PM

..How do i begin to post on this board ?..when i tried postiing a new topic, it came up that i was,nt permitted to use it...i,ve registrad & everything..it sounds intresting this Inner child topic, i kinda feel i do have an inner child & shes crying out to be heard..

..But why won,t it let me post ?..many thanks for any help...

#404 WayOut

WayOut
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:32 AM

Dear Young Me,

I wont say I know how to save you from suffering, because your pain is huge I cant make it go away. Its there. I am very sorry. I cant change that it happened. I only want you to know that you might consider staying, not checking out, it's more pleasant for you to forget, turn off, I know, but I will be here if you manage to stay... with the pain. It's better for you long term. There are people who do love you, they are here, I love you, you can always come to me.
Hear you again. I hope you are hearing my words. I know nobody cares for your pain, and I want you to know I do, and it was real. You dont deserve that pain, you didn nothing wrong, you didnt cause it. I am angry for you, it's not fair. AT ALL. Not F*cking fair. Bastards. I should kill them for you.

Stay with me. Love you.

#405 WayOut

WayOut
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:58 PM

Dear Young me,

I am proud of you, you are strong, you are dealing great with this. I promise I will get you out of there. I know this all is new to you, you are used to blaming yourself, you are afraid to lose mom and dad, and sister, to see they are mean. It's hard to accept it, I know. It hurts. i will not let people hurt you anymore, I will not let you lose good people who are out there, because of bad bastards around you. Nobody can hurt you. NOBODY.
You deserve respect. It's not okay that someone tuches you, or forces anything on you. It was bad, and not your fault.
I will not give up until you are free.