Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Singingangel

• 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

Hello, I'm Singingangel and am new here.

I would like to share my story but I need time to get to know the site and make sure I feel safe. I'm sure it's a safe site but I feel very vulnerable at the moment.

I look forward to getting to know you.

#2 Med1208

• 13 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:35 AM

Hi there. I am also new here. I completely get the feeling of feeling vulnerable, I feel the same way and have not shared my story yet either. So far I have been made to feel welcome and I hope you feel welcome also. Best of luck with your healing journey and I hope this group is able to help you as well. 

#3 MeBeMary

• 14,445 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:48 AM

Hi Singingangel,

Welcome to AS.  I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered, but be assured, you will not be pressured to say or post anything.  Take your time and get to know the place a bit first.  I know it is hard to be trusting after a trauma, so do what is best for you.  I do wish you well on your healing journey.

#4 reglois

• 8,818 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:13 PM

:aswelcomesu:  :youcanheal:  :notalone:  :bighug:  if OK

#5 amandapanda

• 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:26 PM

I'm glad to see that there are more newbies.  :) I'm in the same boat as you...trying to get a feel for everything.

#6 angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,384 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:06 PM

hello singingangel

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the Newbie Support team here. Please know that there is no rush in sharing anything, you do this at your pace, there is no pressure.

if you need any help with the board, please contact me or any member of the team

take care