Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Not Sure If I'm Ready, But Trying To Be

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mailee63

Mailee63
  • 7 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:44 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and am eager to begin the healing process after four years of denial. Not completely sure what that process will look like, or really what "healed" looks like in the end, but I think it's about time to began to find out. I look forward to meeting you all and learning how to be as supportive to others here as everyone else I've seen post.

I'm a little nervous about being in the right place or not, but I hoping to make some friends, so please message me! I'm a teen who loves hiking, reading, yoga, and playing guitar (country, rock, and the best band of all time, Rush) for starters.

Talk soon!

Mailee

#2 ActivistAlly

ActivistAlly
  • Newbie Support Team
  • 2,888 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:03 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and am eager to begin the healing process after four years of denial. Not completely sure what that process will look like, or really what "healed" looks like in the end, but I think it's about time to began to find out. I look forward to meeting you all and learning how to be as supportive to others here as everyone else I've seen post.

I'm a little nervous about being in the right place or not, but I hoping to make some friends, so please message me! I'm a teen who loves hiking, reading, yoga, and playing guitar (country, rock, and the best band of all time, Rush) for starters.

Talk soon!

Mailee

Hi Mailee and welcome to AF (After Silence)!!!  :hi:

I'm glad you've reached out for support here and I hope you find it a kind place full of compassion as you discover for yourself what healing means for you and what it will look like for you.  :)

Wishing you much support..

Activist Ally

#3 MeBeMary

MeBeMary
  • 461 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Hi Mailee,

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but you will find this a very supportive site.  I was nervous, too, in the beginning, but everyone here is very kind.  The great thing is that this is a place where we all understand and no longer have to feel so alone.  I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu: 

#4 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 5,951 posts

Posted Today, 04:12 AM

:aswelcomesu: :youcanheal: :notalone: :bighug: if OK

#5 Mailee63

Mailee63
  • 7 posts

Posted Today, 01:42 PM