Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Feeling Lost

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 crisxo

crisxo
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:51 AM

Hello, I'm Chrissy, but you can call me Chris if you'd like. I've been very hesitant to post or to even seek help after my experiences. I hope I can finally feel whole again, but things are hard right now. I hope to make friends, feeling alone has got to be one of the hardest things for me over the years. I don't really know what else to say for a first post. I'm hoping this can help me, because how I feel right now, I wouldn't wish on anyone.

:cry:

#2 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 7,484 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:47 AM

:aswelcomesu:  :youcanheal:  :notalone:  :bighug: if OK

#3 Harmonious

Harmonious
  • M. Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:07 AM

Hi Chris! Don't worry! I was hesitant for about two years to join and post on this forum until last week. Joining this forum has lifted weights off! You are never alone and we are always here to support you! To be honest, I have gained confidence and courage here because i know that there many kind people here that are supportive.  Always remember, you are NEVER alone and there is always someone supporting you and you may not even know it! 

#4 euca

euca
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:27 AM

Hi Chris, AS helped me enormously to feel less alone.  I hope it will help you too.  You are not alone. Take care.

#5 MeBeMary

MeBeMary
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:05 AM

Chris,

Hello and welcome.  I know that nervous and frighten feeling you have just taking the step to be here, and we all do understand that feeling.  What you say and when you say it, is all up to you.  You need to feel comfortable, so please look around.  I've been here for a few weeks now, and you will find everyone is kind and supportive.  I hate the circumstances that has brought you here, but know for this next step of your healing journey, you are not alone.

Mary

#6 Sthefania

Sthefania
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:38 AM

Hi hi!
Is normal to hesitate, but here no one's will judge you, everybody here are kind and beautiful persons.
I know that you feel alone, but here's comfortable and also you can find friends. In my life i don't like to make so many friends, but here is other thing. I'm friend of everybody here since i realised how was the people here we all have the same problem. And i read your profile I'm sorry for what happened to you, it's painful because we understand that pain and anyone doesn't want that for other person. It changes you...

Also i saw your interest and we had some things in common, i like video games too, i used to like the anime and these stuff i still like it... Just a little bit and i love vocaloid

Edited by Sthefania, 07 February 2015 - 01:53 PM.

#7 crisxo

crisxo
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:40 PM

Thank you all very much!!! I didn't realize how much a few kind and understanding words would mean to me! <3

#8 ActivistAlly

ActivistAlly
  • Newbie Support Team
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

Hello, I'm Chrissy, but you can call me Chris if you'd like. I've been very hesitant to post or to even seek help after my experiences. I hope I can finally feel whole again, but things are hard right now. I hope to make friends, feeling alone has got to be one of the hardest things for me over the years. I don't really know what else to say for a first post. I'm hoping this can help me, because how I feel right now, I wouldn't wish on anyone.

:cry:

:hi: Hi Chrissy,

I can really understand that it feels nervous when first posting here and I'm glad you found the courage to do so!  Good for you for being so brave!  :) 

I hope you can feel whole again too and that you will make friends!  You aren't alone in having gone through the types of things you went through.  I think you had a great first post and I hope you feel better :( 

AS (after silence) is here for you and the members of AS are walking alongside you in support as you journey towards healing.

Bye bye for now!

Activist Ally

#9 Anya27

Anya27
  • 268 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:00 AM

Hi ! Felt the same ...U really will find tons and tons of support here ...Nice to meet u ...Take Care 

#10 stillhurting55

stillhurting55
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

I too am looking for healing.  What better place to search for it than with a group of others who know the pain all too well.  And then we can learn from those who have found a way through.  I'm with you.

#11 moonpeye

moonpeye
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

I sent you a message crisxo I dont know if you got it!! :)