Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Loving Our Bodies, Loving Ourselves

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 NeverLetMeGo

NeverLetMeGo
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:27 PM

I've had compliments before on my 'body confidence' but I think they miss the point. I might not be self-concious, but I'm not confident. I just don't really care. I take care of my body / appearance, but I still sort of don't really care about or value it. Maybe because others haven't valued it either.

#47 NorskyCourtney

NorskyCourtney

With Love

• 2,034 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

Love this! A definite key to continued healing is self-care, celebrating the strong moments as well.

Last night, as "minor" as it seemed, I was triggered. I was driving to attend my yoga class, when I saw three young teenage boys peeping into a little girls' jazz class. I decided to scare them off and drove quickly towards them in the parking lot, and they ran away. I told a lady working at the civic center's library, and she spoke to the dance instructor about blinds, and was going to talk later to the "appropriate person". Chances are, the boys didn't have any ill intent beyond that point, but, still, they know better, and it's inappropriate. Though it was something I rolled my eyes at, I remembered my peeping tom incidents, and the feeling of becoming lightheaded and almost passing out when I heard someone speaking to me through my window, 6 am, while I was gussying up for my work day. During my yoga, it was all I could think about and remember. During Chavassanah (spelling?), I heard his voice clear as day and was tempted to run away during my class, but I fought it off and enjoyed the remainder of my time.

Being anxious and as irritated I was at my own anxiety over it, and over the crystal-clear sound of one of my scarer's voice, I took a long hot shower and drank a glass of wine. It was a wonderful way to unwind, and I slept deeply after enjoying some wonderful relaxation, and brainless TV ("The Simpsons" is great.. lol). Yoga was wonderful to stretch out all the nervous and anxious tension I carry with me daily.

#48 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:57 AM

I have beautiful eyes and a big heart.