Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

A Suggestion For As...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 a9z

a9z

Let your past make you better, not bitter.

• 1,900 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:31 AM

Beneath the names of the member identifies them as either an M. Member or just a Member but beneath a Chat Moderator, or for that matter any other Admin or Moderator they are not identified as either male of female.

I have in the past referred to a male chat moderator as female and felt embarrassed and awkward. So maybe place an M. before their titles? I make this suggestion because I want to spare others the same discomfit.

Thank you for taking the time to read this idea.

-a9z

#2 sunshinee

sunshinee
  • Newbie Support Team
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

Hey!

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm not sure if it is possible or not, but for the time being.. if you click on the person's profile you are about to message you can see if they are a male or female.

Hope that helps!

Mandy

#3 islandgal

islandgal
  • Chat Admin
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:30 PM

Someone once asked about this and we were advised that the site software is designed to show male or female, and role codes of specified groups of users.so unfortunately, one would have to click on the profile to see an individuals gender when the member you are looking at is staff , contributing member, secondary survivor, etc. , and we can't modify this.  Sorry! 

Andrea 

#4 a9z

a9z

Let your past make you better, not bitter.

• 1,900 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:25 AM

Thank you for your responses both of you. I now understand why there is no M. before a male staff member's title.