Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Do The Black Dots Next To Topic Headings Mean?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RosaGallica

RosaGallica
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:52 AM

Some of the topic headings in the forum lists have black dots on a grey background. Could someone tell me what they signify?

Thank you

#2 Astro29

Astro29
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:34 AM

Hi Rosa,

The black dots show that it is a thread you haven't read yet.  The dot and grey area disappears if you have opened the thread to read it and will come back if there is a new response you haven't read.  The dot changes to a star if you have posted a response.

Edited by Astro29, 02 July 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#3 RosaGallica

RosaGallica
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

Thanks!

#4 RosaGallica

RosaGallica
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:16 AM

Actually - I just went to a completely new forum where I haven't been yet and found that though the first 20 or so threads had dots, threads (or topics?) older then3 June didn't have dots.

Do the dots only relate to the last month? Is there aomewhere in the instructions where this is explained? Might be handy to have.

#5 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:19 AM

If you mark a thread or section as read then the dots will change colour, but I'm not sure about not showing altogether. Or it could be to do with the time you joined the board.

Edited by Survivors sanctuary, 06 July 2014 - 10:20 AM.