Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How Do I Delete My Account?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kodi

kodi
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

So long story short, I don't think it's healthy for me to be on here at this point in my recovery and I need to be away from AS for a while. So how do I delete my account?

#2 Nightwhisp

Nightwhisp
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

I am not sure how you delete your account but I am very sorry that anyone made you feel like this was a place you couldn't be

If I said anything to hurt you im very sorry

#3 a9z

a9z

Let your past make you better, not bitter.

• 1,901 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

Sorry to hear you need to be away from After Silence, but I am glad you are looking out for your safety. 

I don't think you can delete your account on your own. You may have to PM an administrator for some assistance in doing that.

I hope you find the safety you need and the healing you deserve. Goodbye Kodi, God bless and keep you. 

#4 kodi

kodi
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

It's not that anyone said anything. I just keep accidentally triggering myself by thinking that I can handle some posts when I really can't, that's all. It's simply prudence on my own part, since I know I will continue to read things that will set me off and make things just that much more difficult for myself. I just need to be apart from the site so that I can stop accidentally causing myself more harm.

#5 mariella47

mariella47
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

You make complete sense kodi. You don't need to excuse yourself. I've been in and out of support groups. When it got to triggering I stopped. We have to heal in our own pace. If we don't want to remember something at the moment, we don't need to. Don't feel bad! there's no right or wrong with how we cope. I wish you all the best. Take care!!!!

#6 Samii

Samii
  • M. Member
  • 564 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:36 AM

If you are want ever come back is better ask moderator make account inactive.  If delete then all of post and name will be gone.  Or can only say you are taking break and come back when you are wanting.  Or not at all~  Is your choice.

#7 Nightwhisp

Nightwhisp
  • 458 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:55 AM

Kodi I'm sorry I misunderstood you and if I caused any kind of negative I apologize. I totally understand what you're saying. It's a very awesome reason for leaving and I'm glad you're looking out for yourself!