Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

As Chat - Just Wondering

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 themoonismine

themoonismine

Moon

• 1,858 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

I am curious to know if AS chat is rigged to go down at certain times? Or is it a random happening? The timing felt curious to me as it was just recently fixed.

#2 silent no more

silent no more
  • 7,907 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

I think this server they are using, was not as good as the one they used. Too bad the last one lost all of our posts, or we might still have that server. But I think that chat has been down again, for a little while. Not sure why they are not getting it fixed. Or maybe it can't be, idk. But yeah it does suck, when chat is down consistently and you really want to be able to live chat with those that understand how you feel. I wish I had an answer for you. Please know that the boards may not be as quick a way to discuss what is on your mind, but you will get support this way too. Maybe message a administrator, about your concerns over the chat issue? ((((((((((((((((((((((Moon)))))))))))))))))))))))

~SNM~

#3 Samii

Samii
  • M. Member
  • 543 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:47 PM

Administrator are only person that can fix this.  And they are not here very much any more.  It is maybe very quick thing fixing but will take time for administrator knowing it is problem and making time coming fix it.  There are time before it is mistake when administrator forget paying bill for chat room.  Some time is problem with chat room program that AS have no control with.  We do not ever know because never tell us.  It is down more time then up any more~

#4 themoonismine

themoonismine

Moon

• 1,858 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

Thank you Silent and Samii for input! I agree they do not ever tell us and the admins seem pretty absent from the site. Luckily most of the people on this board are a pretty brilliant bunch. We seem to keep on top of keeping this community together along with the mods very well.

#5 -Rose-

-Rose-
  • Acting Chat Admin
  • 965 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

An administrator was notified about the chat room being down but we have not heard anything back from them yet. Hopefully it will be up and running again soon!

#6 themoonismine

themoonismine

Moon

• 1,858 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

Thank you Rose for your input! Hugs to all who want them.

#7 ActivistAlly

ActivistAlly
  • Contributing M. Member
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:15 PM

Edited by ActivistAlly, 26 July 2014 - 02:09 PM.