Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

An Introduction From A Filipina Living In Usa

asian wife survivor community

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Libay

Libay
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

Hi everybody, hugs and Kisses.

My name is Libay, short for Liberty, and I have been living in the States for the past 7 years. I am 33 and moved to the states when I was 26. 3 years ago, I married the love of my life.Yet it was just one year after my wedding that my life changed forever.

Sadly, like many of you here, I am a victim but more importantly, I am a survivor.

I must confess that when it came down to talking, in order to give information to the Police, I just couldn't. The shame, the humiliation,I found it difficult to even talk to my husband. Because of this, my attackers are still out there, and due to my cowardness, there may be other victims out there becasue the men who attacked me are not behind bars.

I know and understand that this it is common for other victims to feel this way. no matter how calm, reassuring and sweet the Police Liason Officer is, it's just impossible to give any details face to face with her. At the same time, perhaps being a Filipina, maybe there are also cultural issues. I'm not saying as a Filipina I feel more humiliated than another victim of a different race, I guess one tends to find more comfort and understanding with the people the feel more attached to.

I am in Philadelphia and on a locally based Crisis Centre for Women, there are actually two specific groups for Latino community, and a group for the Asian community. This made me realise that my feelings are most probably shared with other victims who may not be American.

Anyway, that is a small introduction about me. Sorry no details. But i feel here, on a forum such as this, I can share more with you all in time. Much more than I could with my husband or the people that tried to get those animals behind bars.

Libay

#2 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 3,818 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

:aswelcomesu:  :youcanheal:  :notalone:  :bighug: if OK

#3 Libay

Libay
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

Thank you Reglois

#4 lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

I am sorry that happened to you. Glad you found us. :aswelcomesu: :candle:

#5 Libay

Libay
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

Thank you Lucy. Its been two years and I feel that if I cant talk to my husband, and I cant talk to the authoritites to give them the information they need, then who else can I talk to?

#6 lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

You can talk to us. And if you wanted, you could seek counseling, which many of us have used and found very helpful.

#7 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,167 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

Hello Libay

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here, If you have any questions about the board, please contact me and I will do my best to help if I can

take care, Paula

#8 Predestined07

Predestined07
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

Hi everybody, hugs and Kisses.

My name is Libay, short for Liberty, and I have been living in the States for the past 7 years. I am 33 and moved to the states when I was 26. 3 years ago, I married the love of my life.Yet it was just one year after my wedding that my life changed forever.

Sadly, like many of you here, I am a victim but more importantly, I am a survivor.

I must confess that when it came down to talking, in order to give information to the Police, I just couldn't. The shame, the humiliation,I found it difficult to even talk to my husband. Because of this, my attackers are still out there, and due to my cowardness, there may be other victims out there becasue the men who attacked me are not behind bars.

I know and understand that this it is common for other victims to feel this way. no matter how calm, reassuring and sweet the Police Liason Officer is, it's just impossible to give any details face to face with her. At the same time, perhaps being a Filipina, maybe there are also cultural issues. I'm not saying as a Filipina I feel more humiliated than another victim of a different race, I guess one tends to find more comfort and understanding with the people the feel more attached to.

I am in Philadelphia and on a locally based Crisis Centre for Women, there are actually two specific groups for Latino community, and a group for the Asian community. This made me realise that my feelings are most probably shared with other victims who may not be American.

Anyway, that is a small introduction about me. Sorry no details. But i feel here, on a forum such as this, I can share more with you all in time. Much more than I could with my husband or the people that tried to get those animals behind bars.

Libay

:hi:  :butterfly:  :hi:  :aswelcomesu:

#9 hopeforbetter

hopeforbetter
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

Welcome Libay :hi: to AS.

-hopeforbetter

#10 ActivistAlly

ActivistAlly
  • Contributing M. Member
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry you had something happen that brought you here, but it's good you found us.  I hope you will feel safe to speak here and get some of the kind support you deserve.

You are not a coward.  What happened was not your fault.  You are not responsible for the actions of those criminals who hurt you. 

Strength to you...

Activist Ally

#11 crushedflower

crushedflower
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

welcome.

#12 drowningnotwaving

drowningnotwaving
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

Welcome  :hi:

#13 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:17 AM

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: asian, wife, survivor, community