Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hi, I'm New And Glad To Find You.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Melli

Melli

Remember to always laugh with your favorite camel.

• 29 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

Hi, Chantel.......(such a beautiful name!)........and nice to meet you! I'm really glad to have found AS!

Yes, safe hugs are wonderful!!................. :hug:

#17 Melli

Melli

• 29 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

Welcome here, Melli!

I'm sorry for the reasons you are here, what's led you to this site today. But, it's a great support, and connecting with other survivors is key, I believe, in being able to continue forward. It helps having people who understand.

Hi NCourtney........very nice to meet you! And I'm glad to be here. Yes, I definitely need to connect with other survivors because I stay too silent (part of that is due to my family's denial and their disparaging comments). It will be wonderful having others who understand.

Thank you for welcoming me......... :hi:

#18 Melli

Melli

• 29 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

Hi Melli

When you have made 10 posts the 'share your story' is automatically open to you

So sorry for what brought you here, talking (well writing it down) has been an enormous help

to me, hope you find the same    :comfort:

Okay, great! I think I may already have 10 posts, so when I have some time tonight, maybe I can hop on the forum and read other people's stories.

Thanks for telling me!.......... :friends2:

#19 Sandycheeks

Sandycheeks
  • 299 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

Hello and welcome to AS, the people here are very compassionate and caring! Sorry for what brought you here, but you will find healing.

#20 lily23

lily23

What Satan intended for evil, God can turn into something good.

• 440 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

Welcome to AS, melli! I am terribly sorry for what you have endured and that you have to be here. I know how it feels to live with a terrified little girl inside of you when all you want to do is stand strong. You are not alone!
Take care of yourself. I am here if you need anything.
Safe hugs, if okay.
*edit for typo.

Edited by lily23, 27 February 2014 - 10:27 PM.

#21 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

#22 drowningnotwaving

drowningnotwaving
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

Welcome  :hi:

#23 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:19 AM

I hope you are doing well.