Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BlueBird2213

BlueBird2213

Alexandria

• 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hello, my name is Alexandria. I joined this group in hopes of finding friends who can identify with my PTSD symptoms. I am 20 years old and currently working on my bachelors in Psychology. I hope to become a psychiatric nurse some time down the line. I have 3 cats which are basically my children, and an undying love for Star Trek (If anyone is interested in Trekking out, I would love that!). I'm super excited to be able to be a part of this online community and can't wait to read everyone's posts!

Alexandria

#2 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 2,162 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

:aswelcomesu:  :youcanheal:  :notalone:  :bighug: if OK

#3 josiel

josiel
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

Hi Alexandria,

Welcome to AS!

:supportu:   :notalone:   :aswelcomesu:

All the best to you on your healing journey,

Josie

#4 leah27

leah27

???

• 244 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

Hi Alexandria,

Welcome to AS :-)

I'm Leah, I'm 30 and I have just finished a B.psych (hons)... I graduate in April!! I loved my degree, it was amazing, absolutely my passion.

I have struggled with PTSD symptoms in the past, but do so much less now.

Anyway just thought I'd say hi

Leah

#5 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Hi  Alexandria

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula,one of the newbie support team here, if you need any help with the board, please let me know

take care, Paula

#6 lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

Hey! Welcome! I am a trekkie, too (most TOS though)...LLAP! :aswelcomesu: :candle:

#7 chant2012

chant2012

♥ !Made Whole in His Name! ♥

• 1,245 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:58 AM

I am sorry that you have a reason to be here, but since you do, I am glad that you found AS!
I sincerely hope that you find this site as helpful as I have in my healing journey.
You have taken a really big and positive step in your healing by joining AS and I am proud of you!
Feel free to PM if you need to. I will listen.
Welcome again! Safe :hug: if OK.

Much love and support, your friend, Chantel ♥

#8 mariella47

mariella47
  • 385 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

Hi alexandia, my name is maria. I'm 47 yrs old. I'm new to this site too. I have complex ptsd, i'm looking foward to read your posts. You should be very proud of yourself with commiting yourself with your studies. With my ptsd I can't commit with anything at the moment. Good on you!!

#9 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

#10 drowningnotwaving

drowningnotwaving
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

Welcome  :hi:

#11 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:19 AM

I hope you are doing well.