Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New To The Site

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 lemon1

lemon1
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Hello, this is my first time here and I am eager to find some support. It happened twenty years ago when I was fourteen but it's recently started affecting me daily in ways I haven't experienced before. I haven't been able to find a therapist in my area that accepts my insurance and I'm hoping to find some kind of support here.

Glad a site like this exists and that I am not alone.

#2 lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

So glad you found us! Hopefully you'll find a good counselor soon as well. I am very sorry for what happened to you. :aswelcomesu: :candle:

#3 Sandycheeks

Sandycheeks
  • 305 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

Hi there lemon, sorry for the reason you are here, but it is a good first step for you. I know what you are going through I was 6 and it started coming out right before I turned 42. You are not alone, I hope you can find a therapist,and the people here are wonderfully supportive!

#4 Nightwhisp

Nightwhisp
  • 458 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:54 AM

Hello lemon
I am also new and he already felt supported from the people here. I hope you can find a therapist and the support you need!

#5 josiel

josiel
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:28 AM

Hi lemon,

Welcome to AS!

:aswelcomesu:   :youcanheal:   :notalone:

All the best to you on your healing journey,

Josie

#6 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

hello lemon1

welcome to AS, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here.  I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any assistance please contact me and I will do my best to help

take care, Paula

#7 lemon1

lemon1
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

Thanks everyone for the support. It really helps already, I'm glad to have found this site, I don't feel so alone.

#8 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:40 AM

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

#9 drowningnotwaving

drowningnotwaving
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

You are definitely not alone, welcome  :hi:

#10 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 2,166 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

:aswelcomesu:  :youcanheal:  :notalone:  :bighug:  if OK

#11 janepp

janepp
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

You are not alone, I hope you find lots of support here!! :hug: if ok

:notalone:

Janepp

#12 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:21 AM

Thinking of you.