Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hello!

introduction new member

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

Hello everyone!

I am not exactly sure what to say, but I did want to take a moment to formally introduce myself. My name is Lucy and I'm a survivor of many different kinds of sexual trauma, spanning over two decades. I'm overall in a good place in my life, especially compared to my younger self, but I do think it would be nice to connect with people that are facing similar issues stemming from abuse/assault/etc. 

I so look forward to meeting new people and getting to know you better!  :up:

#2 NorskyCourtney

NorskyCourtney

With Love

• 2,036 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

Welcome here, Lucy. Nice to meet you! Sorry for the circumstances that have led you here and the abuse you've endured, but it's encouraging to hear you say that your'e in an overall good place with yourself :) Many people will take encouragement from that as they get to know you better.

#3 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 4,218 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

:aswelcomesu:  :youcanheal:  :notalone:  :sor: for the reasons that brought you here   :bighug:  if OK

#4 drowningnotwaving

drowningnotwaving
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

Welcome Lucy  :hi:

#5 sephrenia369

sephrenia369
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

Welcome Lucy.  I am happy that you have decided to join.  There is a wealth of knowledge, strength, and compassion that we find in each fellow survivor that can not be found anywhere else.

#6 sjudmajo

sjudmajo

sjudmajo

• 1,637 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

HI

Welcome. Dont be afraid to contact me anytime. To talk etc. 

Judith

#7 lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Thanks all! I really appreciate the support and welcome! :)

#8 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,180 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

Hello Lucy

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula, and I am one of the Newbie support team here. If you have any problems with the board, please let me know

take care, Paula

#9 Sb85

Sb85
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

:hi:  :hi:

#10 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:25 AM

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: introduction, new member