Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hey There!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 cat2468421

cat2468421

survivor

• 103 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

Hey there everyone,
It's been a loooonngg time since I've been on here. It's been actrually.. Almost 7 years ago for my last post. A lot has happened since then.. I'm 24 now.. I've had a sweet 3 year old baby girl.. Married my highschool sweetheart. In other words we went to rival highschools. Lol. And... I feel like I'm back to the same place I started.. So I'm back here trying to move past that door that's been closed for so long.. It keeps swinging back open. I'm here to support and be here for our survivors as much as I can and teach what I've learned for the years I've grown up. What helps to cope.. If anyone needs to talk I'm here.:-) even though doors have opened back up a bit for myself. I think it's my way of teaching others so maybe I can learn from my own advice! Haha! It's been a while y'all.. As I say.. We are sent on the path we've walked to become the strong person we were ment to be. Thanks y'all!! And hey there!!!

#2 vakry

vakry

I'm not crazy my mother had me tested ~Shelly Cooper TBBT

• M. Member
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

Welcome back! I'm new.. ish. I've only been around since September. :) Congrats on marriage and kiddo. I have a 3yo too. Such a lovely age. Thank you for your offer :)

#3 Sandycheeks

Sandycheeks
  • 664 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

Hi, welcome back! I would be interested in what you learned. 

#4 lily23

lily23

What Satan intended for evil, God can turn into something good.

• 811 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

Welcome back, cat! I too married my high school sweetheart. We don't have any kids yet. We are waiting until we get out of college. I would be interested in hearing what you have learned, who knows it might just help us both. Take care! 

#5 PalmettoHunna12

PalmettoHunna12
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Welcome Back, and Hello to you. Even if you feel like the door keeps swing open. I am excited to see what you have to share! 

#6 cat2468421

cat2468421

survivor

• 103 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:45 AM

Thanks everyone. It means a lot.<3

#7 janepp

janepp
  • 6,433 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

Hey cat, welcome back. I am newish iv been around for about a year and a half. Im interested to here what you have learnt over the years. Hope you too find support here!!

Janepp

#8 NorskyCourtney

NorskyCourtney

With Love

• 2,000 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

Hey Cat, welcome back.

I've been here for less than a year. I appreciate your perspective on strength, and how we can use difficulties to create the strong people we can truly become. At the end of the day, evil does not win. Looking forward to getting to know you a bit more.

#9 a9z

a9z

Let your past make you better, not bitter.

• 1,899 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

Hello Cat,

Welcome back to After Silence.

I've been here a month and a half about and when I read you haven't been on here for seven years it was mind boggling lol. I am so glad you are willing to share what you have learned and I am looking forward to hearing it. Congratulations on your marriage and your child.

Thanks for taking the time and also for being willing to share how you have made the journey so far. Thank You Cat.

#10 cat2468421

cat2468421

survivor

• 103 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

It's no problem at all.:-) I posted just small bit of what I learned in the help tips and inspiration board.:-) it took me a while to start writing it.. I felt like there is so much to cover. But it's a start. Lol. I still will say I have a lot to learn, but I think apart of it is helping others along the way too. And I realize how.. Though the bad times.. The people who showed me the same thing I want to do now.. Opened my eyes to things I had no idea could be possible.and thank y'all. Again

#11 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

Hello, and welcome back to After Silence

My name is Paula, one of the newbie support team here, its good to have you back with us. If you need any help with the board, please let me know,

take care, Paula

#12 cat2468421

cat2468421

survivor

• 103 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

I hope all of you are doing well and taking care of you. You all are beautiful!

#13 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:26 AM

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found