Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Pleased To Meet You All!

intro new hello

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TeaganRat

TeaganRat
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:22 AM

Hello, new here!

Hoping for some guidance. A few years ago I told a couple of my friends about what my sister's (now ex) boyfriend did to me when I about 8 years old (I'm 18 now) but they just shrugged it off like it didn't matter. I don't trust my family enough to talk to them about it. I have since found a lovely guy of my own but I now I feel dirty knowing I've had sex with 2 guys. He stole something important from me, and I'm considering having a hymenoplasty, and saving sex for our honeymoon. A second attempt to get it right, and have a fresh start. I want to be healed emotionally and was hoping to receive some advice from people who understand, is there any action I can take? I know who he is. Thank you

#2 forestmistheather

forestmistheather
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

Hi Teagan,

In terms of action you can take, do you mean emotionally or against him?  Emotionally, well I have counselling and that is generally a good starting place.  It's a long process, and there's not set time on the healing, but at least you'd be working towards it.  In terms of against him personally, well if you know who he is, that's a good start.  You could go to the police.  But if you decide of counselling, then you can always discuss the pro's and con's of this with them, not to mention there are specific forums on AS where you can talk about such things further, and probably get far more and better responses.

I really just wanted to say Welcome to AS, and I didn't want to leave your post unanswered.  But do check out the other forums as this would be much better positioned on one of them.

Take gentle care,

Forest x

#3 lily23

lily23

What Satan intended for evil, God can turn into something good.

• 840 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

I'm sorry you have to be here and for what he did to you. Please know that you are not dirty and you can heal. I hope you find the support and guidance you need.  :notalone: 

#4 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 4,780 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

:sor: you have to be here.  :notalone:  :youcanheal:  :bighug: if OK

#5 Lyle84

Lyle84
  • M. Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

It's never good that someone has to be here, but it's great that they come here for warmth and healing.  I'm a newbie, too, but I already feel welcome.

#6 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

Welcome!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intro, new, hello