Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hi, New In This Support Group

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Becci

Becci
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Hi,

Just a short introduction post. I hope I can find support and help in my journey towards recovery. I was abused by my parents most of my childhood. Sexually abused by my father between the ages of 6 to 13 years. Lots of domestic violence. I don't understand how that's possible. They seemed "nice" on the outside. The sexual stuff hurts the most today although it has been over 10 years. I'm in therapy. It's not going well. I hope this is a nice support group. I'm sure it is.

- Becky

#2 spark3686

spark3686
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Becci just want to welcome you to After Silence, its a very good and supportive site. Sorry for all you have endured. You are not alone here

#3 ALongUnwinding

ALongUnwinding
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

Hi Becky. Welcome

#4 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 3,690 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

:aswelcomesu:  :youcanheal:  :notalone:  :bighug:

#5 Becci

Becci
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

Thank you. :)

#6 drowningnotwaving

drowningnotwaving
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

This is a place filled with nice supportive people. Sorry you have to be here but Welcome to AS.

#7 Henriette

Henriette
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

It does get better.  Not completely.  Never completely.  But it does get better.  I'm glad you're here.

#8 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,164 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Hello Becci

welcome to AfterSilence, my name is Paula and I am one of the Newbie Support team here. I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help, please contact me any time

take care, Paula :hi: 

#9 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

Welcome!