Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Member - Introduction

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mom2four

mom2four
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

Hi,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Michele.  I live in Wisconsin.  I have a husband and 3 kids.  I was raped at 15 by some guy that went to the same school as me.  They wanted me to not attend school but to finish my school year being home schooled so I didn't have to see him.  Yes, they were punishing me for something he did.  Anyways I did stay and finish school year.  At the time of the rape, my Mom was babysitting for a Teacher at the same school I attended, but in the Elementary - not high school.  She made me drive to and from school with him.  At this time they still blamed me for what happened. Long story short, 9 months after the rape, the teacher they made me go with everyday raped me.  Up until about 4yrs ago, no one knew a thing about it. Went to counseling etc. I had a great counselor but then she moved out of state.  Next one was ok.  For the last 2 years I haven't gone to counseling thinking I was fine.  Now in the last 2 months situations arose that have thrown me back to my past.  I thought I had dealt with it for the most part, but I was kidding myself I guess.  I just started counseling again this month. I realized how much I needed it.  I went to a new counselor and as much as I thought the others were good, he is so much better.   Especially since he is a guy - not ladies like the other 2.  I was apprehensive at first but has turned out well. I hope this site will help me along my journey.

#2 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 3,443 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

:aswelcomesu:  :notalone:   :youcanheal:  :sor:  you have to be here, hope you find what you need  :bighug: if OK

#3 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,156 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

Hi Michelle,

welcome to AfterSilence, my name is Paula, one of the newbie support team here. I hope you find what you're looking for here with us. If you need any help with the board, please contact me

take care, Paula

#4 silentg

silentg
  • 677 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

Hi Michele,

Welcome to AS! I am sorry for what you went through. I am glad you have found a counsellor you like, hope you will find support here too!

G

#5 KelseyJo

KelseyJo
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

Hello Michele! I'm new to AS as well and it really is a great place to vent and receive tons of support back! I'm so very sorry for what you went through after my ordeal I had to see my attacker everyday for years, I know that is one of the most difficult things to go through. If you need anything I'm here for you!

#6 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

Welcome!