Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Finally Ready

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sherrie6264

Sherrie6264
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hello all. Yes I am finally ready to truly confront what happened to me 45 years ago as a child.  I am also ready to realize that what happened has caused many issues for me.  I have been able to only tell 2 people what happened to me.  One of the people being my husband who I have hurt deeply with some of the long term effects of what happened.  Sorting all of this out is very hard and painful for me.  I am glad that I have found this site and am hopeful that the support will help me to be the me I desperately want to be

#2 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,201 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

Hello Sherrie,

welcome to AfterSilence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here. I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help, let me know

take care, Paula

#3 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 4,852 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

:sor: you have to be here, :notalone:  :youcanheal:   :bighug: if OK

#4 LJC88

LJC88
  • M. Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

Welcome to AS. 5 years may sound like a long time but I'm sure those memories are still fresh. Talking about what happened and taking control of your memories will help you.

#5 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:38 PM

Welcome!