Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hello Fellow Survivors And Members

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LJC88

LJC88
  • M. Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

My name is Levi. I am 25 years of age and I take 200mg of Zoloft everyday. I've just recently started therapy to help treat and control what happened to me when I was a child. My grandfather molested me and as I am recovering old repressed memories, I believe rape is a better description of what he did to me.

I spent a lot of time with my grandparents when I was a child. I trusted them and loved them. I had sexual deviancy issues at a young age. I would try to inappropriately touch my cousins and other non-related kids my age. I also recall a day when I hid in my grandparent's room and touched myself. These memories were red flags that I wasn't equipped to be aware of or understand at the time.I've ruined many relationships because of sexual deviancy. I've also suffered from anxiety and depression since I was a child.

I had a very difficult time in school because I had trouble focusing. I now attribute this to what happened to me. At the time though, I just thought I was less intelligent than the other people around me. That made me feel very insecure, sad and hateful. School was a nightmare of an experience for me.

I feel very fortunate to live in a time where I can share my story, thoughts, feelngs and problems with other survivors from around the world via the internet. I look forward to reading other people's stories and hopefully improving myself alongside other people on this site.

#2 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,156 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

hello Levi,

welcome to AfterSilence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here. I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help with any aspect of the board, please contact me

take care, Paula

#3 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 3,434 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

:aswelcomesu:  :youcanheal:  :notalone:    :sor:  for what brings you here  :bighug: if OK  

#4 Girlkat

Girlkat
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

Hi Levi

I'm sorry :(

I am also on Zoloft, 100mg, but I was given the okay to up it to 150mg if I needed to. Feel free to message me if you want to talk meds.

#5 chant2012

chant2012

♥ !Made Whole in His Name! ♥

• 1,294 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Welcome to AS! I hope you like it here! I messaged you! If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask around! Blessings! :flowers: 

#6 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

Welcome!