Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Reaching Out...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maybenot

maybenot
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

Hello,

i am thinking about reaching out for help to someone from my church. Just to tell someone and see what I should do. But I am terrified. I am not sure that I can do it. Tell anyone. I am terrified. I'm thinking about cancelling.

I reached out for some support groups. But they were eithe ron days that I couldnt make or I had to make an appointment with a counselor. I wasnt (I am not) ready for anyone else to put an ID to what happened. I dont want the puty stares or worse, the judgment stares. 

But if I dont deal with it, reach out for help i will carry this forever. The pain, fear, dullness has become a comfort. It protects me. With those I will never be in a relationship where this can happen again. Besides the above concerns, getting help could take those away. Making me vulnerable. I dont want that.

I think I just talked myself out of the appointment. I am cancelling. Please help. Please pray.

#2 drowningnotwaving

drowningnotwaving
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

Glad you are here maybenot, it's a great place to feel heard and supported and no one will judge you, people here empathise rather than sympathise, I think it's an important distinction. When you are ready you will find your voice. 

#3 Eliz67

Eliz67

Finding My Voice

• 19 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Just a suggestion for a filter I use for myself - if the idea of talking to someone gives you anxiety, don't do it.  It's too soon, or not the right person/place.  For me I have found there are at least three places inside me that need healing:  mind, body & spirit.  Don't be afraid to ask for what you need in a place you feel safe, like here, for any of those topics.  On the spirit side, I struggle from time to time with feeling abandoned by God, by feeling I need to be made whole again by Him, and that only He can make me feel clean in a way that no shower ever will.  So instead of seeking out my church, instead I look to His word. I would be happy to share any of what I have found helpful with you, if you want.

Be good to yourself.  

#4 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

Welcome!