Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

All Coming Back-New

New

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Raivenkc

Raivenkc
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hello. I am new here. Abused for 11 years as a child. Date raped once attempted twice. I thought I had everything dealt with. I am 44 now and things have been coming back. I'm tired of being a victim. I thought I was a survivor, but now I don't know.

#2 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 2,188 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

:sor: you have to be here, it is a good place to start the healing process :notalone:  :bighug:  if OK

#3 janepp

janepp
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

I'm sorry for what brought you here, I hope you find lots of support and understanding here!!! Welcome to AS. :flowers:  :bighug:

Janepp

#4 Ladyinlaw

Ladyinlaw
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

It takes a big step to talk!! Good for you for taking that step.  Sorry you are here.

#5 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hello Raivenkc,

I'd like to welcome you to AfterSilence, my name is Paula, I am one of the newbie support team here. If you need any help with anything on the site, please contact me

take care, Paula

#6 Eliz67

Eliz67

Finding My Voice

• 19 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

I am 45 and thought I had sufficiently dealt with this stuff too.  I am now having it re-surface in ways that are just so intrusive to my day-to-day stuff.  Glad to hear I am not the only one circling back on a topic that I have failed to recognize impacted how I have lived numbed out, disconnected, and going through the motions.  I totally get your victim, survivor, victim cycle.

#7 BreatheIn BreatheOut

BreatheIn BreatheOut
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

I'm in my 50's and have had it all come back a few years ago after thinking I had successfully dealt with it in my 20's.
I find that the level of healing this go round is much deeper than before. I'm not sure I could have gone there then.
I think it's a spiraling kind of process. We do what we can, and rest. Later if we are able, we do more.
I hear from my T that it's very common for CSA issues to resurface later in life, especially in the 40's.
Guess I was a little late. : )

Welcome.

#8 barbwire

barbwire
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

I'm 63, had a reaction from a TV program a couple of weeks ago, I was stunned as I thought I'd dealt with it all, guess I really haven't.   I'm new  here too trying to finally deal with it all.

#9 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

Welcome!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New