Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hi - New - My Story - Australian Girl T

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kylieb

kylieb
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

4 weeks ago today i was raped in my own home by my ex partner. That very night i went to bed celebrating 4 weeks without him . He manipulated his way into my home, i had never known him to be violent towards me so i trusted i should atleast be safe. No i wasn't , he did it and left. It was horrible, painful, aggressive and humiliating.

I reported to police the next day, it's all on. And anybody on here that has reported will know what i mean. I have good evidence, witnesses....etc

Great family, great lawyer already, great friends who i trust. But i find myself sitting here typing with tears that i cant stop. I have all this amazing support but i cant cope. I am not coping, i was already on anti depressants before the incident and will keep that going. I have my first counselling session with the appropriate networks this coming week. His arrest is not far away. I have already had 2 court appearances, I feel like on the inside i am screaming and cant stop that feeling.

I wish it had have happened to someone else, i want my old life back. I don't want to cry anymore !! i don't want to be angry anymore, i want to be able to do my job ( i cant even do that)....I am in fact HOPELESS....thats how i feel right now

sorry of this this is a really negative introduction, i have been reading for a few days and think its important for me to link in here if i can for some support.

kylie

#2 leah27

leah27

???

• 244 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Hey Kylie,

First of all welcome to AS.

Second, most of us come here because of how bad we are feeling about things that have happened. This site is here to support you through difficult times, so it makes sense that you what you have written is negative. No need to apologise for that!

You are probably still reeling with the shock of what happened to you, and it will take time to feel a normal again. But it is possible.

I hope you find as much support and comfort from this community as I have :)

take care

~Leah~

#3 euca

euca
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

Hi Kylie,

I'm sorry for what has happened to you.  But good for you girl for going all out to get him to face his actions.  It is going to be a hard process, I've sort of been where you are and where you are going.  I want you to know that you can get through it and you can find yourself again.

Best of luck to you, I hope you keep posting and find what you need here.

Nx

#4 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

hello Kylieb,

welcome to AfterSilence,  My name is Paula, one of the newbie support team here at  AS.  I am truly sorry for what has brought you to this site, and I want to offer my support and hope that you will heal from this experience. If you need any help with the board, please contact me

take care, Paula

#5 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

Welcome!