Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New And Very Scared

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Emily1985

Emily1985
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hello everyone. My name is Emily I'm new erm I'm very scared hope its ok to be here

#2 chloeann11

chloeann11
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hi Emily, you are very welcome to be here, I am so glad you found this site. It is ok to be afraid, I am new to this place and to was very scared, still am, it is hard to face these things but here you will find some lovely, kind people and a lot of support I am sure.

#3 sjudmajo

sjudmajo

sjudmajo

• 1,637 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

Hi

yes and agree. Judith

#4 lily23

lily23

What Satan intended for evil, God can turn into something good.

• 831 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

HI, Emily. It is okay to be scared. I was when I first joined, but soon found support.  :aswelcomesu:

#5 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 4,472 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

:sor: you need to be here, :notalone:   :friends2:

#6 Firedancer1

Firedancer1
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hi Emily, I was so fucking scared too, still am now a little, but it's not so bad now. when I first found the site I could barely look at it - the shame etc, as if someone had asked me to look at something really indecent or something.... but that bit's eased now. we're all here together, there's no judgement, I hope this site helps you. Hugs if ok x

#7 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Hello Emily,

welcome to AfterSilence, my name is Paula, one of the newbie support team here. Its okay to be scared , but please know that you are not alone here,

if you need any help getting around the board, please contact me

take care, Paula

#8 katina

katina
  • 264 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

Welcome to the group

#9 Emily1985

Emily1985
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Thank you for being so welcoming everyone

#10 dleh

dleh
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

I'm also new. At the beginning it is scary. Practice helps to get over the scary. Lots of support to help you along the way.

#11 jellybean93

jellybean93
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

Welcome to AS, Emily. And it's always ok to be here :}

#12 StarGazer77

StarGazer77
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

My sister is making me join because I still blame myself and I just want to forget it ever happened.  Today is my 1st day talking to really anyone else.

#13 deepgreensandblues

deepgreensandblues
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

Welcome Emily! I hope that you find AS to be a supportative and healing place for you!

#14 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

Welcome!