Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Too

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OutoftheAshes

OutoftheAshes
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Hi,

I'm new here too. I have been sitting on anger turned inward as depression for 45 years. After all this time I am just now admitting to myself the truth about my anger. It finally broke out two nights ago, and I told my husband what happened to me. It was a relief to let someone know and realize that they would still love me. I'm not sure if I will ever be able to tell any of my family or friends, so I am hoping to find other people through this forum that can understand.

#2 EmoFromPain

EmoFromPain

Miss. Unappreciated

• 191 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

Welcome. I hope you find all the support you need on here :)   :aswelcomesu:

#3 sjudmajo

sjudmajo

sjudmajo

• 1,637 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hi

We do and it takes time to see it. It is important to take your time to determine when is the appropriate time to tell them and when and what. IF your family is still toxic as they call it-only mention to words would be enough. I have experience trauma in my life and leave it at that. The key is to gauge to see how they handle information and see if they handle it in a healthy way or say negative words about it.

Judtih-i know how to spell and my hands go faster than my brain or vice versa. I hate computer due to this

#4 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,167 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hello OutoftheAshes,

welcome to our community here at After Silence, I'm one of the newbie support team here. I hope you find that you are not alone here .If you need any help getting around the board, please contact  me

take care, Paula

#5 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 3,852 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

:sor: you need to be here :notalone:  :bighug: if OK

#6 deepgreensandblues

deepgreensandblues
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

Welcome OutoftheAshes!  Wow, congrats on breaking the silence for the first time.  I remember that feeling of relief - such a big weight removed from my soul.  You should be so proud of yourself and celebrate that accomplishment!!!  Small steps... I first broke my silence here on AS, then at a local crisis center, then in counseling, and then most recently with my boyfriend.  Just move at your pace and do what you need to do for you! 

#7 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

Welcome!